Quote by jsaatsaz
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Rickenbacker-330-Electric-Guitar-513651-i1148199.gc

If I remember correctly, Rickenbacker stopped doing business with GC several years ago. Can anyone explain?

Maybe they still have a few in stock? I didn't know Rick didn't do business with GC anymore. When did that happen?
Quote by CarpUK
Beat the recession by soldering your strings back together! What's more, the extra metal vibrating back and forth will add to your tone... and what could be more metal than more metal!?!

Quote by biga29
Plz uz reel wurdz bcoz wen u tipe lik this its hard 2 red.
Quote by The_Future_Soon
Maybe they still have a few in stock? I didn't know Rick didn't do business with GC anymore. When did that happen?

I'd like to know this as well.

Last time I looked, Rickenbackers were ridiculously priced. Are they really worth it?
My Gear

Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Ibanez PF Acoustic Electric

Vox AC4TV8
Crate FXT 65

Various pedals
I have seen Rickenbackers at GC for some time. I don't know if Rickenbacker stopped doing business with GC or GC stopped stocking them because of the price. My friend at GC told me they were so expensive they didn't sell well. IMO they are great guitars but their basses are some of the best you can ever put in your hands.

John
Quote by BlueTele1983

Last time I looked, Rickenbackers were ridiculously priced. Are they really worth it?

Ridiculously priced? Maybe the prices have increased over this year, but last year around this time a brand new 330 6 string would set you back $1300. For me that seems rather cheap IMO.
"You will never know just what you wanna do or where you wanna go I think its time"

What the World is Waiting For
Quote by johnro6659
I have seen Rickenbackers at GC for some time. I don't know if Rickenbacker stopped doing business with GC or GC stopped stocking them because of the price. My friend at GC told me they were so expensive they didn't sell well. IMO they are great guitars but their basses are some of the best you can ever put in your hands.

John

I don't know about the sell/not selling thing, but the Rickenbacker 12s are killer.

The basses? Well, they must be good because I have been seeing them EVERYWHERE the past few years in the hands of some pretty good bass players.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by foolsgold
Ridiculously priced? Maybe the prices have increased over this year, but last year around this time a brand new 330 6 string would set you back $1300. For me that seems rather cheap IMO.

Yeah, I was checking out a 330 a few months ago and it was ~$1400. They really aren't as expensive as most people seem to think. I also think you get a lot more instrument (quality-wise, at least) for your money than, say, a Gibson.
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by BlueTele1983

yes they sure are. but only if you specifically want a rickenbacker and know exactly why. they are such 'specialized' guitars which are so different from anything else on the market, and they aren't "ridiculously" priced for the quality you're getting - rickenbackers are actually incredible quality for the price you pay, when compared to the likes of gibson and fender.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I dunno, personally I think the guitars are incredible, but the basses are crap. They feel like cheap light plastic in my hands. I can't stand the tone either. Oh well.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
i saw motorhead about a month ago and lemmy had a beautiful rick bass!

of course everything was so goddamn loud i couldnt tell you if i liked the tone or not.

and i swear i typed this over two hours ago but its nowhere to be found

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

I've seen used RICs ar my GC. Also,that's the only model available on the web.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
RIC stopped doing business with GC because they had differing policies. I think i read on the press release GC wanted them to mass produce the guitars which Rickenbacker didn't want to do.
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Drmckool
RIC stopped doing business with GC because they had differing policies. I think i read on the press release GC wanted them to mass produce the guitars which Rickenbacker didn't want to do.

not sure if this is true or not, but my local guitar center has RIC's in it.. i don't know if their left over stock or not but it has them
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends