I have an Epiphone les paul goldtop with P-90s, and whenever I swith from the treble to rhythm pickup it doesn't work....If I strum REALLY hard, then the pickup will work. What can I do without taking it to a shop?
Gibson Faded Cherry Flying V
Epiphone Goldtop Les Paul
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss DD-3 digital delay pedal
Electro-Harmonix Hot Tubes Real Tube Distortion pedal
That sounds like the toggle switch needs to be replaced. Remove the cover on the back and see if the wires didn't come loose if the wires are OK you know it's the switch. The switch is an easy fix if you have some soldering skills if not it's not very expensive to get done at a shop. If you do need to replace it do it with an open type toggle like Gibsons it's better quality and will last much longer.

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Nov 3, 2009,
Quote by johnro6659
That sounds like the toggle switch needs to be replaced. Remove the cover on the back and see if the wires didn't come loose if the wires are OK you know it's the switch. The switch is an easy fix if you have some soldering skills if not it's not very expensive to get done at a shop. If you do need to replace it do it with an open type toggle like Gibsons it's better quality and will last much longer.

John

YEAH chances are thats the problem i had same thing happen to 1 of my Epi's
Check if the Volume on the other pickup is turned up.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
it's the switch - i had the same problem with the bridge humbucker in my fender cyclone, took it to the shop just to check if they could pinpoint the problem, and they just put some contact cleaner in the switch, wiggled it about a bit, and then said "here ya go". problem solved i didn't even have to pay.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
it's the switch - i had the same problem with the bridge humbucker in my fender cyclone, took it to the shop just to check if they could pinpoint the problem, and they just put some contact cleaner in the switch, wiggled it about a bit, and then said "here ya go". problem solved i didn't even have to pay.

Same thing happened to my Epi lp I was relieved.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Thank all of you guys ill check it out
Gibson Faded Cherry Flying V
Epiphone Goldtop Les Paul
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss DD-3 digital delay pedal
Electro-Harmonix Hot Tubes Real Tube Distortion pedal
Every person that i've known that has an epi LP including me has had a problem with the switch, for me the wires were loose and needed to be reconnected, that simple, $5
The switches epiphone use are crappy el cheapo's. I guarantee if it was a better quality switch you wouldn't have a problem.

Or it's a bad or dirty solder joint.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.