Poll: Who?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who?
Angus Young
7 33%
Jimmy Page
14 67%
Voters: 21.
I've had my Agile AL-3000 for about 9 months now and I'ved noticed a few things about a les paul that inhibit my ability to play:
-It is really hard for me to play the 20-22 frets.
-Cannot play 23-24 frets
-No trem or vibrato :[
-neck is kinda wide

Some people on UG have told me that I would regret selling or trading out this guitar, so I'm simply gonna buy a new one. here are my requirements.

1) tuners that STAY in tune
2) 24 frets
3) reliable and durable tremelo
4) Easy access to high frets
5) Shark teeth inlays (prefer black neck with white teeth)
6) 6 string
7) price range: $800 dollars is absolute MAX. I would ideally want to spend $400-600USD.
8)Quality about the same as my Agile.

Simply put, I want to buy a guitar that covers what my agile cannot.

I am currentley looking into the Jackson Dinky DK2. What do you all think?
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=Dinky-Body&page=1&product=2911000803
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Honeyburst
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Last edited by Arzon at Nov 3, 2009,
you should really get a better amp. you could probably swing a used ibanez and a new amp for 800, they got a fr and a very thin neck. can never go wrong with an esp either.
Quote by HowerPower
What kind of music do you play?

all.
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Honeyburst
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Quote by Vitor_vdp
.. that guitar you linked is a strat. A superstrat, which is still a strat.

sorry, should've made myself clearer. I don't want a fender strat. I just dislike the rounded shape of the fender strat and lack of inlays.
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Honeyburst
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Quote by cainmd
you should really get a better amp. you could probably swing a used ibanez and a new amp for 800, they got a fr and a very thin neck. can never go wrong with an esp either.

yes, my friend got a brand new ibanez (cant remember the model for the life of me) but it had twenty four frets an extremely thin neck and a great tremelo, just a very well rounded guitar and it sounds awesome, for only 300 from guitar center.
Ibanez S series would fit all your requirements except the 24 frets. But you should seriously consider some of those guitars because they're pretty much amazing. And it's mad thin . Specific model could be Ibanez S470.
Last edited by swampie at Nov 3, 2009,
can someone give me some specific models?
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Honeyburst
Peavey Vypyr 15w
If you really play all kinds of music, I would look into an RG Ibanez, very versitale. When I first got mine I didn't know what I wanted to play, and I ended up playing classic rock and prog/acid rock. Great guitar's and pretty inexpensive.

edit: but I agree with everyone else, a new amp would probably serve you better.
Last edited by HowerPower at Nov 3, 2009,
Quote by mnf50
that jackson fits the bill so why not go for it?

just wondering if anyone had any negative thoughts about it.
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Honeyburst
Peavey Vypyr 15w
i was looking around on musiciansfriend for a certain jackson, but i think the one you have the link to is pretty much what you'll be looking for. i know there's a similar model that's only offered in black or white. but it may be the one with a maple fretboard and black inlays, instead of rosewood or ebony fingerboard and white inlays.

EDIT: plus i think the passive pickups will be better for your set up. lots of these midrange jackson guitars have EMGs. you'll probably want an amp upgrade before that.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Nov 3, 2009,
Quote by Arzon
can someone give me some specific models?

Washburn X50VPro it's around $700 off beyondeleven
BC Rich ASM Pro though this has active pickups
Michael Kelly Hex Deluxe this one also has active pickups

You'll have to try those guitars out yourself to see if they fit you although the ones with the active pickups may not be to your taste through your amp.
That jackson is beast. I would buy it in your sitaution.

Or maybe an LTD of around the same qaulity.

can't go wrong with that jackson tho...
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Get that guitar, its a beast. Its so versatile, and the neck is perfect.
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight