hey,

i have a telecaster. it was modified so that it has a resonator cone in it. it sounds nice. i use it in a sort of folk rock kinda band. we're pretty good. i play a lot of slide guitar, but i also play some regular lead and sometimes i play chords.

i'm looking for a new pickup cos the one it has just isn't that great. i only need a neck pickup; my guitar doesn't have space for a bridge pickup. i want something that will sound good when i'm playing slide and things, but that will also sound great when i play chords hard; when i say hard, i mean HARD. i really thrash the hell out of the thing sometimes, and i want something that'll really help that come across well. i'm playing through a kustom defender 50 (which i tend, where possible, to play in master volume bypass mode, turned up to just where it starts to break up nicely when i play hard) and one of the things i love about it is that it is dynamically responsive. i want pickups that will help bring that out, and that will also help the natural resonator tone of the guitar shine through.

in terms of tonal qualities, i like to have plenty of warmth and thickness, and i want a reasonably high output pickup.

i'm not specifying a budget because, well, its a pickup. it can (to an extent) only be so expensive. i'd rather get suggestions and weigh them all up, cost/benefit analysis.

i'm based in the uk.

cheers.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Last edited by Gurgle!Argh! at Nov 3, 2009,
seymour duncans are always a good choice. as for a specific model, its up to you i dont have any model numbers but every guitar with single coils seymour duncan pickups on it was hot!
Bare Knuckle Yardbird?
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
Bare Knuckle Yardbird?

that is one that i was definitely considering, as well as their 'the boss' (mostly because i like bruce springsteen).
Gabe just got some BK Yardbirds and loves them, I'm looking at a set of piledrivers or something for my tele.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

IronGear Steel Foundry.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
IronGear Steel Foundry.

i bought an irongear pickup in the past for another guitar that had some seriously nasty pickups in it. when i first put it in, i was pretty impressed, but everytime i go back to it i just find it worse and worse. just fills a bit... dull.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
hey,

i have a telecaster. it was modified so that it has a resonator cone in it. it sounds nice. i use it in a sort of folk rock kinda band. we're pretty good. i play a lot of slide guitar, but i also play some regular lead and sometimes i play chords.

Photos photos photos!
Quote by kyle62
Photos photos photos!

+10000!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I'm going to have to agree...pictures, right now! Tele+resonator has to be amazing.
My Gear

Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Ibanez PF Acoustic Electric

Vox AC4TV8
Crate FXT 65

Various pedals
If you are doing folk/rock stuff, you might like the Lindy Fralin pickups. Great sound and build quality.
Wow. That's nice.

Pickup wise, I had a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder in my LTD that sounded pretty good.
i get the feeling that the quarter pounder would be a little too 'rawk' for what i'm playing with this thing...
Nobody's mentioned the GFS Fatbody? Best neck pickup I've heard. I'll take a clip when I get back tomorrow.