Yestarday after I finished practicing I disconnected the amp and the ground pin broke and it is inside the wall socket. Is it safe to use the amp without the ground pin?
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
No.
My first lolstack
Quote by whitenihilist

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Quote by Frankgt2
Yestarday after I finished practicing I disconnected the amp and the ground pin broke and it is inside the wall socket. Is it safe to use the amp without the ground pin?

No, not really. Go to the hardware store and buy a new plug, its easy to replace it you just cut off the old one and wire up the new one.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
No, not really. Go to the hardware store and buy a new plug, its easy to replace it you just cut off the old one and wire up the new one.

^^^ this, just solder the wires together
^No soldering needed, get one with screws to hold each of the wire, then a plastic sheath that covers the screws.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
You really need that ground. Not having it can be unsafe but also can make your amp hum alot.
i did that once and everytime i touched the strings i got shocked a jam session for 2 hrs with that was not fun
GEAR

1966 MUSTANG

valveking 112

markley tuner
Ernie Ball Wah
digitech whammy
fulltone ocd
usa big muff
boss dd7
boss rc-2

Quote by simpleben09
You sir have a mean ass rig. Have a great day.
Quote by Lehoogle714
i did that once and everytime i touched the strings i got shocked a jam session for 2 hrs with that was not fun

I know almost nothing about electricity/electronics, but I am 99.5% sure that this would not happen. Actually, screw it, I'm 100% sure this would not happen.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
happened to a community pa once. this christian metalcore band was playing and the kid put his mouth on the mic and got all hell shocked out of him. true story.
Quote by namesroverrated
I know almost nothing about electricity/electronics, but I am 99.5% sure that this would not happen. Actually, screw it, I'm 100% sure this would not happen.

You're 100% wrong.

My Bassman was missing the ground pin when I first got it. Anytime I touched any metal piece on the amp, any of my pedals or the hardware on my guitar I got shocked.

I replaced the plug and it stopped.

When you're plug is missing that pin your body becomes the ground for the amp.
Quote by Lehoogle714

depends on your idea of fun
I'd get it fixed asap. I was plugging a friend into a Fender Twin Reverb at his house, and holding onto the neck of my bass while I was doing it. I put his plug into the input of the amp, and I got shocked. It ain't fun.
Quote by namesroverrated

lol, why answer if you have no knowledge of electronics.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by namesroverrated

bull****ingshit. it does happen; in fact, if you play in a basement/standing on concrete in anything other than rubber soled shoes, it almost definitely will happen. likewise, should you touch a mic with your mouth, or brush up against another grounded object (i.e. plumbing).

i took 120 volts through my body off of an ungrounded paramount amp.

don't believe you can be electrocuted from your guitar? Keith Relf of the Yardbirds (RIP) would disagree with you.
---
Only assholes vote Republican.
---
1988 Gibson SG Deluxe
1975 Hiwatt DR103
Carvin X100B
the singer in my band got shocked everytime his lips touched the mic at one of our gigs. i dont know if this is because of a broken ground, but he definitely couldnt focus on singing. He didnt die and we didnt stop the gig cause it was a big one for us. he just tried not to touch it from then on.
Peter Frampton: "Homer Simpson wrecks my pig, Cypress Hill steals my orchestra.... and Sonic Youth is in my cooler! Get outta there you kids!"

Thurston Moore: "Come on Mr. Frampton... you're not gonna eat all that watermelon..."
Shit, that explains a lot.

Occasionally i would feel a slight pinch on my arm when i'm playing. It doesn't happen too consistently, just from time to time so it was strange.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...