Basically I'm just wondering is the neck quality pretty much all that determines how playable a guitar is? I have a guitar that sounds great but it's one of my least playable, I have to keep the action higher than I'd like so I don't get fret buzz. I'm wondering if putting a high quality neck on it would solve this problem?
You could just give it a nice setup. If you like the way the neck feels, then you'll want to (possibly) have the frets recrowned and polished (or even replaced).

You might need a truss-rod adjustment.

Also, you might look at getting a new nut and adjusting the bridge. All of these combined should get rid of buzz at lower actions.
The neck/frets are in great shape and I like the feel but it's just the same as with any Fender. I do all the set up crap myself (intonation, action, truss ect) so I have actually already done that and while it obviously helped, my action still won't go as low as I want it to. Which is what made me start thinking it's just cause it's a cheap neck. (it's a squire neck) on my local Craigslist there's MiM strat neck I could buy and put on there which I was thinking might solve my problem since my MiM plays much better than this guitar. (this guitar sounds better though) the only thing that could be bad about my set up is the nut or my truss rod. The nut i've put little thought into, and the truss rod I've messed with a ton but I find it to be the hardest part of setting up a guitar since it can be very difficult to see the results of adjustment, especially when it takes a day for them to actually materialize.
Necks aren't just magically "better," there's always a reason your action isn't how you like it. Does one part of the neck play better than the rest (it plays great close to the nut, poorly around the 12th fret)? Is it just a few of the strings? If you lower the saddles, do the strings fret out? How straight is the neck (how much relief is there at the 7th and 12th frets?)?

A well set-up Squier neck will play great. Figuring out what is causing the high action is the hard part, fixing it is usually the easy part. It might be the crappy nut. Uneven frets perhaps? If you want to get the most out of every guitar you play, you'll want to figure this stuff out. It shouldn't take a day to see the results of a truss rod adjustment, how much are you turning the nut?
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
Well the first time I made a fairly extreme adjustment on the truss rod. probably like 3 full turns. I'm pretty sure the bridge/saddles are as low as the can go, and the frets are all good. (very good quality guitar for a squire, made in india) So that pretty much only leaves the truss and the nut. I'll try messing with the truss more when I restring today or tomorrow. I'm also going to be making major string change (10-48 now to 9-42) so i'll readjust the saddles and everything, hopefully I get it playing well. I'm not particularly experienced at doing set ups so that may likely be the reason. But i'm not sure because the guitar was set up professionally when i first got it and it still had high action.
anyways thanks for the advice gravy.
You should adjust the neck angle (the angle the neck meets the body at the pocket) before think about touching the truss rod again.

3 turns is quite extreme.