Guys, I'm a beginner. All I can play are the chords G, C, D, E, Em, Dm etc and some F. I've practiced enough to get the chord changes right and fast.

But, I got enrolled for this contest at college accidentally by a frnd. The screening is tmrw. Can anyone pls pls tell me/give me EASY tabs which I could play?

P.S:
I'll somehow find time to practice. The duration is 10min. But I wud be glad if I can play something for 5min.. I'm looking for something simple, but which has effects (trick them to think I aint bad)
Quote by techroach
Guys, I'm a beginner. All I can play are the chords G, C, D, E, Em, Dm etc and some F. I've practiced enough to get the chord changes right and fast.

Wow!

Have you been playing since 07?

On topic:
Masterplan - Oasis
Last Kiss - Pearl Jam
the chords to free bird?
knocking on heavens door
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Horse with no name by America, IDK how its played on guitar, i only know it on bass, but the ryhthm guitarist in my band learned it like in a day and he's a beginner and its also a good song and what he plays sounds much harder than it really is.
Check out some nirvana or chevelle. Some of there stuff is easy but sounds great.
Thx for the suggestions. I know how to play "Time of your life" by Greenday. And a little Somebodys Me by Enrique.

I'm checking these out...
Glycerine by Bush is super easy and has effects. Shard Dressed Man by ZZ Top is pretty easy if you take out the 2 solos.
Quote by '93
smells like teen spirit

This.

Hero-Enrique since you're into him.

All along the watchtower if you can barre chords.

Green Day, Jesus of Suburbia and Boulevard of Broken Dreams.
neil young - rockin` in the free world, i always stuff up the lyrics

only a day to rehearse.....good luck.. but you must know some songs with them chords.
I Want It That Way by the Backstreet Boys. My band did a joke cover of this for our school's talent show, I can post a link if you want.
Do you know how to fingerpick? That almost always sounds harder than it is.
I know a lot of people don't like him, but Your Biggest Fan by NeverShoutNever is pretty damned simple. Its basically g, d, em and c i think. (as far as i can remember)
Also, another really rubbish song, but Love Story by Taylor Swift. Its bloody peesh easy.
And Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton is simple, but if your playing the backing chiords, you need to know how to fingerpick.
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape