Page 1 of 2
What happens when actually learning songs is replaced by pressing buttons.
My Gear

Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Ibanez PF Acoustic Electric

Vox AC4TV8
Crate FXT 65

Various pedals
You do know Rock Band and Guitar Hero have been around about 4 years now?

In other words: You're very late.
You also know IT IS JUST A GAME?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
wahhhhhh!

reall guitarists will be taken over by unblessed fingered animals with no sense of true rhythm and skill!!!! WTF IS THIS WORLD COMING TO??
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
I don't mind really. I enjoy playing the games with my brothers and friends and it just add to it having to get to use my favorite guitars when playing.
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Quote by Survivalism
Well. I sure want the Tele.

Yeah that Tele looks pretty bitchin'

Also, people REALLY need to stop pissing and moaning about Rock Band / Guitar Hero. It's starting to give me a permanent twitch in my left eye...
Quote by Chrisiphone

Exactly, I hate it when people talk poo about people who play GH/RB.
I love the caption on picture 9, the Strat. It's an actual Strat, gutted and fitted with the GH electronics. The caption?

"Yeah, it weighs a ton."

Aren't Strats, like, really light?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by PlayMadness
I love the caption on picture 9, the Strat. It's an actual Strat, gutted and fitted with the GH electronics. The caption?

"Yeah, it weighs a ton."

Aren't Strats, like, really light?

Weigh a ton compared to the plastic guitars
Quote by patsfannumero1
what the hell would you need a big muff pi for when playing Rock Band?

I haven't read it yet, but I imagine it could be used to activate star power.
Dudes. It's not just guitar hero. It's 300 bucks for a FAKE guitar.

Jesus. Christ.
So what?
It's a rhythm game, I'd rather spend 300 on a DDR pad then on actual dance lessons.
Quote by Chrisiphone

Until you start having Guitar Hero tournaments...
Quote by jimmyled
Until you start having Guitar Hero tournaments...

Then it's still just a game. Especially since nobody has guitar tournaments.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
Then it's still just a game. Especially since nobody has guitar tournaments.

That's cause it's not cool to be good at guitar anymore, that's why Yngwie isn't so popular anymore.
I don't think anyone should really underestimate these games though.. If you get good enough at them you can earn major money playing it at the big tournaments.. Jus' sayin.
Quote by pwrmax
That's cause it's not cool to be good at guitar anymore, that's why Yngwie isn't so popular anymore.

No, it's because guitar isn't a competition, whereas Guitar Hero is a game, and most games have competitions.
Quote by pwrmax
Exactly, I hate it when people talk poo about people who play GH/RB.

I agree, although I don't play them myself. It is, in effect the same as calling people who play on sports games and saying. "Why don't you go out and play the sport for real".
Quote by SMH07
I agree, although I don't play them myself. It is, in effect the same as calling people who play on sports games and saying. "Why don't you go out and play the sport for real".

Horrible analogy, the controller is a game controller for sports games, whereas in Guitar Hero, you have to use one of the guitar controllers.
Quote by Alex Vik
Horrible analogy, the controller is a game controller for sports games, whereas in Guitar Hero, you have to use one of the guitar controllers.

The point I was making it that its still just a game. People need to get over it and stop acting like its some kind of insult to them because they actually play guitar.
It's Mad Catz, they suck donkey dick.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
meh
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
I thought it was "What is this world coming to?"

Doesn't "Where is this world coming to?" sound a little..oh, I don't know....stupid?
I have the Mad Catz white/black P-Bass and it's ****ing awesome (Y)

EDIT: My Rock Band bass is made of plastic, not wood, and cost me $80.
Last edited by Andrax20 at Nov 3, 2009,
Seems kinda dumb to blow 300 quid on a fake guitar but then again non guitarists would say its dumb spending a grand or two on high end guitar so meh
Quote by Alex Vik

Yeah, so that means that Guitar Hero is more realistic than any football video game ... but people never rip on those.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
I don't think anyone should really underestimate these games though.. If you get good enough at them you can earn major money playing it at the big tournaments.. Jus' sayin.

True, I just hate people that think they rock just because they're great at GH. It's like thinking you're a great athlete just because you're great at all the FIFA games.
The only thing I think is stupid is the price of all these things. $300 for one of those? No thanks. Guitar hero games with the drums and guitar and all that are what? $199? now DJ hero which is $199 plus all the games for just one band. Beatles, Metallica, Van Halen. I think the games are fine it's just the pricing is insane IMO. If you download a song it's $1.99 per song? WTF? $2 a song? over $5 for a track pack? Insanity.
Why don't they put pressure pads in the heads of an acoustic drum set?
I've been discriminated against for too long

inb4 EDK's.
Electric kits suck beyond belief
Quote by Kensai
When I wear it I have to fight off women with a stick. Ifyouknowwhatimean.

Quote by daytripper75
Today, 2:51pm EST: Prodigy179 has officially hit puberty.

They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me!
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
Wait, tilting your guitar was supposed to turn on overdrive?! That doesn't even make sense. I always thought it was just for show, so it turns the crowd on and you get more points o_O!_O!_OFJSKDJFL
I wonder if there's an Army forum that has a thread like 'Fake War?!?!'

' I was just googling the best way to kill people in war and came across this *link to COD4*

WTFGTFO! What is the world coming to?'
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
I want that Tele. But with no buttons. And with strings on it. And if it was an actual guitar.

Also, to all the people bashing GH/RB:

IT IS A GAME!

Have fun with it, jerks.
If people are stupid enough to spend that much money for games, so be it.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
My 2 cents:

Go ahead and play these games if you enjoy them. There's nothing wrong with that. It's a game, therefore its purpose is to offer enjoyment, and if it does that then, by God, it seems to be doing its job.

That being said, it is only a game. People today are taking video gaming way too seriously. Honestly 3 hundred dollars!?!? Shit's ridiculous.

Also, they really don't help your rhythm. You can be way off rhythmically and it'll still count the notes.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
im quite sure that if someone wants to learn an instrument, they will. You wouldn't go, "oh look, i like those 3 songs on that game, lets shell out 400 quid for a guitar i dont actually want."

edit: y english ability died
Last edited by hobson111 at Nov 3, 2009,
Quote by hobson111
im quite sure that if someone wants to learn an instrument they will instead of going, "oh look, i like those 3 songs on that game, lets shell out 400 quid for a guitar i dont actually want."
What? I'm pretty sure there is no predicate in that sentence.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Who cares? And the price isn't that bad.

It's quite common for people to spend 3 or more hours everyday playing video games (think about WoW even). And Time = Money. Not to mention people have large collections of xbox or PS3 games which cost up to hundreds of dollars.

This is nothing new, at all....
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Page 1 of 2