I'm driving from Minneapolis to Montreal in December for fun, and outside of attending the Habs/Wild game on the 17th and snowboarding a day or two, I have no plans. Since I'm 21 and driving with a couple friends, we're open to doing pretty much anything in and around Montreal, and anything along the way on highway 401 in Canada (i.e. Toronto).

So, are there any French-Canadians in the pit that can offer some fun ideas?

I've never really been there before, hence this thread...
Last edited by KwikKopy at Nov 3, 2009,
are you gonna be with your two favorite allies? make sure you bring snacks and supplies..
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by MangoStarr
are you gonna be with your two favorite allies? make sure you bring snacks and supplies..

...but if I get lost in the USA, I will have failed!
it time to leave this town, its time to steal away....
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
There's tons of weird French guys who try to speak English but fail, but they can't speak French either, so it's hard to communicate with them.
Quote by footsteps7173
it time to leave this town, its time to steal away....

They'll probably get lost anywhere in the USA
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
so you plan to go from one snowy place to another snowy place in december?
sounds good!
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
... fully loaded we got snacks and supplies.

edit: what's with all the peppers references?
"My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump"
Radio-Lounge nightclub in Montreal.
My first lolstack
Quote by whitenihilist

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
I'm going to university in montreal (McGill), and although its my first year in the city I can basically say this is what I generalize in my head:
- Crescent street: Bars, some clubs
- St.Laurent : Clubs, Bars
- Bishop: Irish pubs (McKibbins), Huka (Kbar)
- Club 737 --> Just follow the spot light
- St.Catherine: STRIP CLUBS

Honestly if drinking is your thing just walk around crescent, I forget all of the good places from frosh week but good call on the habs game, I went to the leafs-habs game last weekend it was AWESOME
^Hey thanks for the info I appreciate it.

We'll probably try to check out all those areas on different nights since we wanna experience as many things as possible. Is there a good place to go shopping there? There's gonna be a girl with us that wants to do as such, and I might as well take care of Christmas shopping while I'm there.
If you are planning on a stop in Toronto (you said you might in the OP) go to the Eaton Centre for shopping. It's at Dundas square which also has a lot of shopping and stuff going on. You could also check out the CN tower but it's only famous because it's really tall with a glass floor so that may not interest you.

As for Montreal the only thing I can suggest is bars/clubs.
you could check out the hockey hall of fame in Toronto. you could pit-stop in Burlington and say hello to me
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
St. Catherine Street ---> Shopping / Strip Clubs
Crescent Street ---> Clubs / Hard Rock Cafe

C'est beau Montreal xD
For Gods sake don't go in December, believe me.

In fact, I wouldn't come to Canada until June. Two years ago we had blizzards in May here in Winnipeg.
lsd for tripping ;p

sounds like a good road trip,Canada is a sexy place
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Quote by KwikKopy
I was hoping for a more enthusiastic response from the pit D:

i think it is awesome and there is a bunch of english in montreal.

it is only an hour and 15 min from where i live but it is still sweet there

here is some info

http://www.montrealnumber1homestay.com/1_English_Webpage/EnglishPlacesinMontreal.htm

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landmarks_of_Montreal
song stuck in my head today

Quote by Crazy
I'm going to university in montreal (McGill), and although its my first year in the city I can basically say this is what I generalize in my head:
- Crescent street: Bars, some clubs
- St.Laurent : Clubs, Bars
- Bishop: Irish pubs (McKibbins), Huka (Kbar)
- Club 737 --> Just follow the spot light
- St.Catherine: STRIP CLUBS

Honestly if drinking is your thing just walk around crescent, I forget all of the good places from frosh week but good call on the habs game, I went to the leafs-habs game last weekend it was AWESOME

I agree with this guy.

I'm a French-Canadian but I live in Québec city. My brother lives in Montréal and I visit him often. On drinking nights, we mostly go from bar to bar on Crescent street. The pubs there are awesome. I remember one in particular, I think the name was Dundee or something like that, quiet place to relax, the food is delicious, the waitresses are gorgeous and the beer is great. Highly recommended.

I also suggest you come to Québec City, it's an awesome place if you don't mind driving an extra 3 hours. If you want to do some snowboarding, there are some cool place for that in the area. The "old town" has a ****load of bars and pubs and the women are just mind blowing. Highly recommended, yet again.
Gear :
Epiphone G400
Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR
Peavey Vypyr 30.

Please excuse my lack of proper spelling and grammar, english isn't my first language.
Last edited by JusticeJanitor at Nov 3, 2009,
oh, visit Old Montreal. That is a MUST
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.