Page 1 of 2
Any that you like? Or any good ones you know of?
I'm starting to get into Die Ärzte, they're a German punk band from Berlin.
They're pretty good, I discovered them doing a project for my German class about bands from Germany haha.

So, any bands worth checking out?
check out eskorbuto, piperrak (not very punk, but they have punk songs), la polla records, siniestro total, kortatu... those are the best spanish punk bands! they sing in spanish so maybe u wont like it but they're pretty cool!
thrash and glam metal rule!!!
Quote by xXParanoiaXx
Any that you like? Or any good ones you know of?
I'm starting to get into Die Ärzte, they're a German punk band from Berlin.
They're pretty good, I discovered them doing a project for my German class about bands from Germany haha.

So, any bands worth checking out?

If you like Die Ärzte, then check out "Die Toten Hosen", "Wizo", "Terrorgruppe", "Die goldenen Zitronen", "Sik" and also "Beatsteaks".........if you want to get into good punk then try others, such as Slime, Toxoplasma, Vorkriegsjugend, Fahnenflucht, Rawside, Loikaemie, Die Skeptiker, Schleimkeim, Knochenfabrik, Der schwarze Kanal........

If I only got a penny for every time I wrote that.....
^I think we SHOULD start giving you pennies for every German rec you give

Also, Beatsteaks is an amazing band
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Oh, I don't think they're punk at all. But I like them anyway.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by lavazza
If you like Die Ärzte, then check out "Die Toten Hosen", "Wizo", "Terrorgruppe", "Die goldenen Zitronen", "Sik" and also "Beatsteaks".........if you want to get into good punk then try others, such as Slime, Toxoplasma, Vorkriegsjugend, Fahnenflucht, Rawside, Loikaemie, Die Skeptiker, Schleimkeim, Knochenfabrik, Der schwarze Kanal........

If I only got a penny for every time I wrote that.....

Also: Zaunpfahl, Madsen, J.B.O, Die Kassierer, Chefdenker, Farin Urlaub, Molotow Soda.

I knew this german girl who gave me a huge collection of german punk bands.

Some Finnish punk bands I enjoy: Kakka-Hätä 77, Pilluharja (aka Cuntbrush), Problems?, Terveet Kädet, Sleepy Sleepers, Kohu-63
Metallica sucks!
Quote by PsychoShoe
Also: Zaunpfahl, Madsen, J.B.O, Die Kassierer, Chefdenker, Farin Urlaub, Molotow Soda.

I knew this german girl who gave me a huge collection of german punk bands.

Some Finnish punk bands I enjoy: Kakka-Hätä 77, Pilluharja (aka Cuntbrush), Problems?, Terveet Kädet, Sleepy Sleepers, Kohu-63

- Farin Urlaub is the guitarist of Die Ärzte, his solowork is awful
- Madsen are "alternative" at best, they are further away from punk than Blink
- JBO is a metal fun band and as far I know they collaborated with some bands with a doubtable (right) reputation
- Die Kassierer are known for their lyrics, which are about **** **** **** ___________

Zaupfahl and Chefdenker aren´t my cup of tea......too poppy or rocky......

Molotow Soda are good though, what I´ve heard the lyrics are good plus half of them were in Canalterror in the 80s, which is one more awesome band
The Stalin,de heideroosjes, die toten hosen, oxymoron (streetpunk zomg), 99% of uk bands, other groups whos names i cant spell
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Love Die Toten Hosen.
Some great bands are listed here. Keep 'em coming. I'd love to import some stuff within the next month.
Quote by RizzoWashburn
I love me some Japanese punk

The Stalin
G-Zet
GISM
Kuro
The SS
Gauze
The Comes
Lip Cream
Gastunk

Very good list
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Netherlands:
Antidote(!)
Mihoen
Backfietsboys
Vitamin X
Gewapend Beton
Jesus Crost
Seein Red

Belgium:
Evil Conduct
The Usual Suspects
Sunpower

France:
Time Bomb
Berurier Noir
Foetus Party
J´aurais voulu

Italy:
Raw Power
Los Fastidios

Slovakia:
Konflikt

Denmark:
Gorilla Angreb
Guddommelig Galskab

Sweden:
The Assassinators
Asta Kask
Avskum
Randy
Operation
Wolfbrigade

Brasil:
Agrotoxico
Ratos de Porao
Bandanos
B.U.S.H.

New Zealland:
Casualty Challenge

Australia:
Radio Birdman
Anarchoi
Pisschrist

Spain:
Ska-P
Sin Dios

Uruguay:
La Vela Puerca

Greece:
OMIXLH

Mexico:
Panteon Rococo
ska-p isnt very punk... the bands i listed above are real punk bands
yeah, the best spanish punk band for me is eskorbuto, the rock, well, they punk xD
to get on your nerves I made a list of all german bands I could find on my harddisk, nevermind if they are good or bad (some of them are not good )

A.C.K.
Abstürzende Brieftauben
Aheads (E)
Alarmsignal
Angeschissen
Apocalipstix (E partly)
Aristocats
Die Ärzte
Artless
Atemnot
Barseros (E)
Betoncombo
Betontod
BILDungslücke
Blechreiz
Blumen am arsch der Hölle
Blut und Eisen
Bluthusten
Braindead (E)
Brutal Verschimmelt
Bürgerwürger
...but alive (E partly)
Buttocks
Canalterror
Casanovas schwule Seite
ChaosZ
Chefdenker
Cluster Bomb Unit (E partly)
COR
Crushing Caspars (E)
Dackelblut
Daily Terror
Daily Terroristen
Das Niveau singt
Der dicke Polizist
Der durstige Mann
Der schwarze Kanal
Die Firma
Die Neurotics
Die Skeptiker
Die Wut
Dödelhaie
Dreck am stecken
Dritte Wahl
Emils
Emscherkurve
Endstation Freitod
Estrella Negra (E)
Fahnenflucht
Fyredogs (E)
Gottkaiser
Gumbles
Halunken
Hammerhai
Hammerhead
Hass
H.M.asS (E partly)
Innocent (E partly)
Italion Stallion
Jesus Skins
Jingo de lunch (E)
Kanalratten
Kaput Krauts
Karatedisko
Kassierer
Kotus Korruptus
Kraut
LAK
Loikaemie (E partly)
Lokusbomber
Lost World
Mono für alle
Müllstation
Nein Nein Nein
Netzwerk
Neue Katastrophen
Normahl
OHL
Oxo 86
Oxymoron (E)
Perlen an die Säue
Pestfest (E partly)
Pestpocken (E partly)
Pflandzer
Pöbel & Gesocks
Polkahontas (E partly)
Preussens Gloria
Rabauken
Rantanplan
Rasta Knast (E partly)
Rawside (E partly)
Rejected Youth (E)
Rubberslime
Sangre (E)
Schlepphoden
Slime (E partly)
Spermbirds (E)
SS-Kaliert (E partly)
SS- Ultrabrutal
Supernichts
Surf nazis must die
Terrorgruppe
Tin can army
Ton Steine Scherben
Die Toten Hosen (E partly)
Toxoplasma
Troopers
Undressed Army
Vageenas (E partly)
Verlorene Jungs
Volxsturm
Vorkriegsjugend
Widerkampfständer
Wizo
Wojczech
ZSK (E partly)
Zwei Tage ohne Schnupftabak
ZZZ Hacker

now it´s done.....

E= (also) english singing
Last edited by lavazza at Nov 5, 2009,
haha good list, i'd listen to them but i like to listen to music i undestand, so i only listen to bands that sing in spanish or english, any of those german bands sing in english? cause it would be cool to know some new bands. besides, are all of those bands punk?
Quote by RizzoWashburn
I love me some Japanese punk

The Stalin
G-Zet
GISM
Kuro
The SS
Gauze
The Comes
Lip Cream
Gastunk
Add Disclose to that list and you and me can be best friends forever :3
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
like half of what I listen to is "foreign"

and by foreign I mean Swedish pretty much.
RAI KO RIS are from Khatmandu, Nepal. Foreign enough for you? The whole notion of 'foreign punk' is stupid and ethnocentric. There's only punk, sometimes it's from different geographical places but those are just arbitrary political borders. NEVER EVER FORGET THAT.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by lavazza
natural borders, such as language play a role as well

even when we don't completely understand each other we still find ways to communicate and hang out and be punks together. Mexican punks travelled in the states alot and stayed with us and didn't speak English but we still had a good time. When DIRTY POWER GAME played in Worcester none of them spoke English but we got wasted and listened to punk records and it was awesome. We tried to explain what we were doing in our town and they were doing the same for us!
Quote by whyvern
even when we don't completely understand each other we still find ways to communicate and hang out and be punks together. Mexican punks travelled in the states alot and stayed with us and didn't speak English but we still had a good time. When DIRTY POWER GAME played in Worcester none of them spoke English but we got wasted and listened to punk records and it was awesome. We tried to explain what we were doing in our town and they were doing the same for us!
I understand that you're Mr. International but that doesn't help me understand Appendix's lyrics as I don't speak Finnish.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
it's true that you can't understand all of it, but you often don't need to. Shouldn't the fact that we're all punks in some ideal sense of it be solace enough? Like you wouldn't be in an international DIY touring band that got shows in basements if you were racist, sexist or homophobic. I feel like that's a pretty safe thing to assume, even though assumptions are usually terrible awful ****ed up things to make.

I listen to MASSHYSTERI alot and I have no clue what they're saying cos I speak absolutely zero Swedish, but I know that it's not anything that I would disagree with, y'know?

It also has nothing to do with me travelling alot, I've listened to music from all over the world since I was super young (like 12) and started posting on these boards.
Quote by whyvern
it's true that you can't understand all of it, but you often don't need to. Shouldn't the fact that we're all punks in some ideal sense of it be solace enough? Like you wouldn't be in an international DIY touring band that got shows in basements if you were racist, sexist or homophobic. I feel like that's a pretty safe thing to assume, even though assumptions are usually terrible awful ****ed up things to make.

I listen to MASSHYSTERI alot and I have no clue what they're saying cos I speak absolutely zero Swedish, but I know that it's not anything that I would disagree with, y'know?

It also has nothing to do with me travelling alot, I've listened to music from all over the world since I was super young (like 12) and started posting on these boards.
You read into punk way too much.
Quote by sargasm
like half of what I listen to is "foreign"

and by foreign I mean Swedish pretty much.

Oh you gaiz *Blush*

Check out
------------------------
Ebba Grön.

KSMB.

The Krissteet Utseende.

Nationalteatern.More 'Proggg'

Troublemakers.(if you wanna find it on YT type ''TroubleMakers-Staden Göteborg'' Saw theme live and it was awesome)

SlaskFittorna.

RävJunk.

Attentat
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Last edited by Nexium at Nov 12, 2009,
I'd like to pipe in again to echo Whyvern's sentiment that "Foreign" is a pretty dumb word, especially in this context.

I don't live in the United States... does that make me foreign? Is D.O.A. a "foreign" band? Or do Canadians not count because we're mostly white and usually speak english?
Quote by sargasm
I'd like to pipe in again to echo Whyvern's sentiment that "Foreign" is a pretty dumb word, especially in this context.

I don't live in the United States... does that make me foreign? Is D.O.A. a "foreign" band? Or do Canadians not count because we're mostly white and usually speak english?

He probably means bands from countries where English isn't the native/major language. Race has nothing to do with it.

Like... when you think of "foreign language" you probably aren't thinking the Queen's English.
Quote by lavazza
^this
furthermore foreign does not implicate any values, right? and when I say people are foreign, they needn´t be my enemys or I have to hate them....

In most English language political discourse (especially with the recent wave of Xenophobia in the UK and USA) the word 'foreign' almost always has a pejorative sense to it. Because it implies a complete seperation between you and said concept ("it's all Greek to me"). That's not saying that things that are different are bad, because they aren't at all but foreignness has a negative connotation to it, and the idea that punk bands are foreign is, as I said before, stupid and ethnocentric.
Page 1 of 2