Okay here's the problem....

I'm looking for a bedroom amp with a decent sound (I have a Ibanez gta15 now), But it's for bedroom practice so I don't want it to be too loud.
Now I was looking at the Vox Ac4tv I heard a lot of people saying that its way too loud for a practice amp (even the combo)
So are there any other suggestions for a nice practice amp that is about 300€. it doesn't have to be an tube amp anymore because that just seems to be too loud for the bedroom. And I don't want to much effects on it either because I have a huge effect pedal

Thanks

* edit: The music I play is mostly sum 41 blink and other bands like that.
Last edited by niels-uiterwaal at Nov 3, 2009,
Its not too loud for a combo, just close your door whilst playing and maybe get a overdrive pedal.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Quote by demitriv
Its not too loud for a combo, just close your door whilst playing and maybe get a overdrive pedal.

Okay So it is playable on lower volumes if you have a distortion/overdrive pedal?
It's perfectly playable at bedroom level, it has a wattage selector. If you want a decent amount of gain at lower volumes you will need an OD though.
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
On the 1/4w mode with the 8" speaker, I could have a conversation at normal speaking volumes while playing in the shop.

I'm almost positive the version with the 8" speaker has a 1/10w mode rather than 1/4 watt.
Its true^
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Quote by fly135
Super or Vibro Champ XD

this for sure. takes pedals reasonably well.
it is better use 5w amp, there are many 5w amps in market, fender, marshell, But you can use BWM , it's chimp has embbed attenuator ,so you can obtain true bedroom result,use BWM in ebay ,if not you found its car
Quote by niels-uiterwaal
And how is the marshall class 5? for the music I play?

Well i just don't like it in general. It's not bad sounding but with only a 3 band EQ and too loud to crank frequently, you'll find that it's very unversatile unless you get a graphic EQ and a couple of dirt pedals or something.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
The Vox AC4 would be great for the bands you play. tr3nt recently got a AC4 and posted an awesome Blink 182 clip. Class 5 might be a bit less useful to you, as it doesn't have the attenuator capabilities, making a good driven sound tough at low volumes. The Fender Superchamp is also a great idea. Go to a local store and try all ofnthe amps out, then make a decision.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by glpoon
it is better use 5w amp, there are many 5w amps in market, fender, marshell, But you can use BWM , it's chimp has embbed attenuator ,so you can obtain true bedroom result,use BWM in ebay ,if not you found its car

Wat?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by andresmirt
this for sure. takes pedals reasonably well.
I just plugged my pedal board into my SCXD for the first time night before last. It sounded pretty darn good.