yo

so im lookin to take a trip within the next four years (whenever i raise the money) and i have never been to another country besides the US so.....my question is what country would be best for me to visit?

I love history especially anything havin to do with medieval times, so anywhere where some castles are or somethin.

i would like to visit somewhere that has a significance to me. my two main heritages are german and irish. my ma's side of the family is almost one hundred percent irish hence the old family name McAndrews, and my biological dads is mainly german hence my last name Dreher. Yes i know there is a lot of mixing in their and there is no way i can be exactly sure but i am pretty sure that these are my main heritages.

I dont know really what germany has to offer but i dont know much about it, ireland has some old castles and stuff so im thinkin maybe ireland? but im not sure, what do you guys think? price doesnt matter here. i thought this would be a good place to ask beings that UG has people from many different countries.

thanks for any recomendations!
I was going to suggest a British country before I read your post, so seeing as you're Irish, that'd be a good idea.
Bruge, it's in Belgium, and theres midgets.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Dont come to England, its shit
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

yes but Belgium kinda sucks (trust me) and basically any european country has castles and medieval buildings. But why no go to both ireland and germany
Last edited by hungryhobo741 at Nov 3, 2009,
Quote by ng117
I thought this was about drugs

+1 who else came in here expecting a drug story?
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Quote by Necr0maniac
Dont come to England, its shit

I loved England when I went there.

I'd take a little tour of Holland, Belgium, Germany and maybe Switzerland or Austria if you can.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
I would go somwhere in the northern parts of europe like finland, Norway, Sweden, etc.
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
Well Ireland is a great place to visit, it's small enough that you can see a lot of it on a short trip but there's still plenty to see and do. Even with just a couple of weeks you could get round most of Ireland, including coming up north!
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

I lived in Belgium for eight years, it's not at all that special. And the midgets do get boring after some time.
Quote by Callum89
+1 who else came in here expecting a drug story?

me

My mind is going. I can feel it.