Hey guys,

I was wondering if some people here could help me out with something. I'm writing a final paper for my rock and rhetoric class and I chose to write it on Metallica. The focus of the paper will primarily address rhetoric as it applies to 1. music, 2. word (lyrics, what it means to the listener, from the musicians, from the instruments themselves, as well as critics) and 3. Image (entertainment, experience, physical appearance, and their image from society's stand point).

Also, how Metallica has affected the music industry and more specifically, the metal scene.

I don't need any help or resources about the band's history or anything like that.

If anyone would be so gracious as to provide examples or personal experiences of the above listed rhetoric or help me out with any legitimate resources, it would be much appreciated. I will post a copy of the paper when I am done if anyone is interested.

Thanks
Well Metallica have influenced most of the newer bands now a days.

They have also proved that with having shorter hair and not playing thousands of note in a second that doesnt make u un metal etc etc............
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Quote by ibrahimasood
Well Metallica have influenced most of the newer bands now a days.

They have also proved that with having shorter hair and not playing thousands of note in a second that doesnt make u un metal etc etc............

Yeah, because no other metal band besides metallica had short hair or played a little slower.

I would help, but I have my own English class on Paradise Lost today, sorry, maybe later when I get out of class, if this is still open that is.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
*E chugging*
POWER CHORD!
*E chugging*
TWO POWERCHORDS!
*Chug chug chug*
"Ooyeeee die"
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
^You forgot, *WAHWAHWAHWAH*
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by valdean
That's further into the songs.
I'm too lazy to write that far.

That's what Metallica says every time they're recording a new album.
Quote by KreatorRage
That's what Metallica says every time they're recording a new album.

Rob: So shouldn't we do something different for one song or something, maybe something not like the other-
James: No! *chug chug chug*
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
maybe should have brought this up in the metallica thread...
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
Quote by sound-byte

This. We don't take kindly to new Metallica.
Quote by sound-byte

I considered it, but didn't want it to get lost in all of the other mindless banter. So I just made it a new thread. It is after all, a specific topic, not just commenting on an album or whatever. I am focusing on the first four albums for all of the analysis since everything after And Just for All... is garbage.
Quote by KreatorRage
This. We don't take kindly to new Metallica.

Death Magnetic was certainly better than Endgame/Hordes Of Chaos/World Painted Blood
Buy the "Metallica + Philosophy" book of Amazon. It links Philosophy with Metallica...

I dunno if it will help at all, but it will sure be entertaining.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by andyscoot
Death Magnetic was certainly better than Endgame/Hordes Of Chaos/World Painted Blood

Never compare new metallica to Chris Broderick...

Edit: NEVER compare Metallica in general to Chris Broderick
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.