Hi everyone, just bought a Traynor YCV50 blue from America and I'm importing it to the UK, been searching for power consumption so I can buy a transformer but having no luck what so ever. Obviously its 110v but I cant find wattage information anywhere. Does anyone own one and know the power consumption? Even better if your in the UK using a YCV50!
It usually says it on the back of the amp. I can't find a picture with resolution high enough to see it, but I can see that the mains fuse is 1.5A, which at 120V would mean the amp won't ever exceed 180 watts consumption. 200 watt transformers aren't all that expensive, so that would be my suggestion. You could probably get away with 150 but I don't know how much you want to be taxing the transformer.
Checked it out and its 110V at 1.0A at 60Hz, so as I work it out that is 125 Watts. So I'm assuming that a 300 Watt step down transformer should work ok with it.
take it to a local electrician. they will do that easily shouldnt cost that much.

i was tempted to buy a traynor from the US how much was the shipping?
The shipping was $174.50 for USPS Priority Mail International.

You can get a 300W transformer for under £40 (£25 from EBay) which I hope should work, plus you would need to pay 15% VAT, maybe 22%(?) import duty and £8 Royal Mail handling fee, so do take that into consideration when buying.

Traynor amps are loads over here - I havn't tried it so it is defiently a risk, but overall a good deal can be had. Upto you if you think the hassle of transformers and shipping etc is worth it though!

Some companies ship UPS which i hear are awful for importing large goods, and FEDEX/UPS/CITY LINK etc will cost more than USPS
Quote by ragingben
The shipping was $174.50 for USPS Priority Mail International.

You can get a 300W transformer for under £40 (£25 from EBay) which I hope should work, plus you would need to pay 15% VAT, maybe 22%(?) import duty and £8 Royal Mail handling fee, so do take that into consideration when buying.

Traynor amps are loads over here - I havn't tried it so it is defiently a risk, but overall a good deal can be had. Upto you if you think the hassle of transformers and shipping etc is worth it though!

Some companies ship UPS which i hear are awful for importing large goods, and FEDEX/UPS/CITY LINK etc will cost more than USPS

did you not have to pay customs/vat duty?
You pay that when you receive the goods - all though it arrived today after only 3 days with FedEx (somehow) and I had no duty or VAT to pay