Yo, I'm new to the forums, I'm looking for a Hi Gain amp in the range of about £300-400 british pounds. I'm guessing thats either small tube/valve or big solid state or something.. What is there in the price range? NEW, not used

Needs to play metal like Slayer, Metallica, Cannibal Corpse, Meshuggah,Megadeth, Lamb of God etc.

Not too big so it needs to be turned up for good sound please.

check mah thread
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
ENGL Sovereign 100W
Jackson SLS MG(EMG 81/85)
ENGL Sovereign 100 watt 1x12"
Boss gt-8
Vox AD50VT
Next: Custom Explorer
ampeg ss-140c or vh-140c should do ya....Peavey 5150/6505 combo....Peavey XXX combo....Blackstar HT-5 I've heard do Lamb of God on youtube....check those out man
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Quote by Seltaeb87
ENGL Sovereign 100W

yeah that's a little more than 300-400 pounds....
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
check mah thread

Agreed. It should be stickied. Would save a lot of time with threads like these
Quote by eyebanez333
Agreed. It should be stickied. Would save a lot of time with threads like these

feel free to add me
I'm sorry your searchbar is broken. We'll get someone on it right away so you can start using it.
Quote by BobDetroit
I'm sorry your searchbar is broken. We'll get someone on it right away so you can start using it.

Now that's just plain being an arse, he asked for gear recommendations, which isn't exactly your typical "how great is the MG".

WTF... you might need to do something about your thread. It doesn't come across as prominent or the first stop off point for gear recommendations.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Now that's just plain being an arse, he asked for gear recommendations, which isn't exactly your typical "how great is the MG".

WTF... you might need to do something about your thread. It doesn't come across as prominent or the first stop off point for gear recommendations.

what do you mean?
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
what do you mean?

It doesn't strike newbs as the first thread they should click on if they need an amp recommendation.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty

You consistently post good helpful advise so your point is well taken. I'm glad to help out a fellow UGer if I can but these constant generic "name me some metal amps" threads are out of control. Had the TS typed "metal amp" into the search box he would have found hundreds of recent relevant threads that would most certainly answer his question and spare the rest of us from having to sift through pages of posts before we come to a discussion, any discussion that hasn't been rehashed a thousand times.
Quote by BobDetroit
I'm glad to help out a fellow UGer if I can but these constant generic "name me some metal amps" threads are out of control.

See.. I completely agree with you. There really are too many.

Also a lot of them lack some of the key information that we usually need. Like prices, new/used, location, genres etc.

Quote by BobDetroit
Had the TS typed "metal amp" into the search box he would have found hundreds of recent relevant threads that would most certainly answer his question and spare the rest of us from having to sift through pages of posts before we come to a discussion, any discussion that hasn't been rehashed a thousand times.

Where I am coming from is that I wouldn't usually get into searchbox mode if its generally a new amp request... even more so when the TS is new to UG.

Maybe on one hand, I think it's only fair to cut the newbs some slack. In the same vein, I'm not a big fan of the whole "searchbox has all your answers" attitude some of the other UGers have.

I personally think that there really are so many topics we can exist... so unless its a uber generic question, I'm more inclined to let it go. I suppose its a massive different in opinions and attitudes towards post contents.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )