I've seen the Peavey Valveking, and Bugera V series, but what sounds good on its own and takes pedals well. My needs vary from Metallica-like distortion, and AC/DC like distortion, which are two totally different sounds. What I am thinking about getting is and amp that does one sound(kind of) well, but can take pedals(such as an OD, distortion, or EQ) well to get closer to the tone I am looking for.

I will eventually be able to try out the Valveking and V series, and from Youtube videos I've watched, I think the Valveking sounds good for Metallica when EQ'd right(There was one video I watched where a guy was messing with the EQ and got great Ride The Lightning-esque sounds).

I have also heard with the Valveking, it sounds much better with new speakers.

But for the Bugera V series, I have not seen much other than hearing of some reliability issues. Can anyone tell me how common these issues are, and how the V series sounds and take pedals(I know the V5 doesn't have an effects loop).

-Thanks a million

P.S. If any of you have read some of my previous posts and are wondering why I don't stop asking questions and try everything out, I'm going insane from not going anywhere that sells guitars or gear(Walmart doesn't count) and I am surviving on pure GAS.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
The Valve King benefits greatly from a speaker change. Haven't played the Bugera, but from what I've heard they seem to be decent amps for the money. I haven't seen many problems with them either (not nearly as many as the early 333 and 6262's had).