Not sure if this is the right forum but does anyone know how to get the sound of steve vai right when he plays bad horsie??? so confused.
ask steve, but if he tells you then he will have to kill you im afraid
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Well...some of it has to do with his using a slide for a good bit of the song, the rest is Vai-brand magic...
flange, wah(morley bad horsie),distortion, tune to drop C, dimarzio evolution or breed pickups.

you can make your own insane donkey noises for the end of the song
For that Steve Vai sound you will need a JEM and a Carvin Legacy...simple enough ehh?
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Light gauge strings, high output pick-ups, ugh carvin legacy amps... the list goes on and on
Quote by ibanezgod1973
flange, wah(morley bad horsie),distortion, tune to drop C, dimarzio evolution or breed pickups.

you can make your own insane donkey noises for the end of the song

this guy beat me to it.
HE might use one of his own MORLEY signature wha,,,,,,s but ya never know lol!!!!,mine is exellent!!!
Not sure if this is the right forum but does anyone know how to get the sound of steve vai right when he plays bad horsie???

His tone? Get his gear and play like him.

Or one of the crazy squeal noises?
Quote by WishfulShredder
everyone has missed the main point that he plays it with a slide

I didn't know that! (it's true)

But only on the chorus part, i guess...
Quote by WishfulShredder
everyone has missed the main point that he plays it with a slide

Really everyone? Look at post 3....
Quote by Meemat
Really everyone? Look at post 3....

we did, and........

didn`t mention the slide `cos it was mentioned ahead of my post (#4 if you wanna be pedantic) and it`s normally in the performance notes to use a slide
IMO...if you can't tell by listening to the song that VAI is using a slide then you really shouldn't be trying to learn the song yet.

I thouhgt the TS original question was more based on how to get the tone VAI has for that song
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
for the tone use a glass slide with a thick distortion with the mid slightly scooped
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by ibanezgod1973
we did, and........

didn`t mention the slide `cos it was mentioned ahead of my post (#4 if you wanna be pedantic) and it`s normally in the performance notes to use a slide

Heh...I guess I meant to say "really, everyone (has missed it)" not "really, everyone is a dumbass"

The point I was trying to make is that not everyone had missed it...not trying to be like "omg i'm so awesome"