Hey fella`s, im done with sanding my Fender Stagemaster and i am about to paint it, im a bit confused on what kind of paints to use, enamel based or acrylic based. i want to do a swirl on it and am also confused as to if i need to seal the guitar body before dipping, i know i need to prime/base coat it before hand, but again what kind of paint do i need to go with? i know for the swirl its self i need oil based paints, im really lost on this one and any help would be really great. thanks
Quote by branj05
Hey fella`s, im done with sanding my Fender Stagemaster and i am about to paint it, im a bit confused on what kind of paints to use, enamel based or acrylic based. i want to do a swirl on it and am also confused as to if i need to seal the guitar body before dipping, i know i need to prime/base coat it before hand, but again what kind of paint do i need to go with? i know for the swirl its self i need oil based paints, im really lost on this one and any help would be really great. thanks

enamel. and you sand it down, primer it. paint it base color, then dip it in. wait 7 days for it to dry then put some clear coat laquer on it
"Man playing guitar in Garage, may get exhausted"-Me

"The difference between a man who has six children and a man who has six guitars? The man with six children KNOWS he has enough...."-Rob

"Just pick up one and play"-Corey
Quote by rotoreuter48
enamel. and you sand it down, primer it. paint it base color, then dip it in. wait 7 days for it to dry then put some clear coat laquer on it

hell yeah man, thanks a whole heap