I found out today that my friend who i've for ages' mum has a strat from the 60's, he says red (so i assume fiesta red?) but she painted it gold, the gold paint then proceeded to peel off and aparently there is hardly any of it left.

it sounds as if it has a rosewood fretboard

and what is the coolest thing, is that it has a matching headstock! (wasnt painted gold at all)

they keep it in a corner aparently because the input jack is loose.

i plan on stealing this of them, with little money involved.

how much do you think its worth?

going to get him to find out the serial number so i can date it

Looking on the interwebz, i couldn;t find much about it, so some help/info would be cool

thanks guys
I played a '61 fiesta red strat with some sort of finger board, supposedly it was jacaranda, but that's really ****ing rare, nonetheless it didn't feel like rosewood and it WAS amazing. And if it's got that sort of fretboard then it'd be within your best interest to steal it off them haha.

If it's genuinely a 60's guitar then it might be worth something if it's Pre-CBS. Even if it is CBS, it'd still be worth a lot.
You could be nice and offer a fair price, just because they're not guitar savvy doesn't mean it's OK to rip them off.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

a good condition strat form the 50s could go up to $38k
offer them a good amount of money please

from a shop about $6k is usal for a vintage
not really that interested in buying it really. . because it holds sentimental value to them and would most likely not part with it.

if anything im helping them, and just want to give them some information.

anything would be helpful..

thanks
sounds cool. but if u can get it for free, dont worry about how much its worth. sounds like it could be a cool project guitar too! get some pics if u can, then post 'em here!!
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by flanders_91
sounds cool. but if u can get it for free, dont worry about how much its worth. sounds like it could be a cool project guitar too! get some pics if u can, then post 'em here!!

What?

*Reads Sig*

Oh, it's ok. He has a Squier Bullet, that explains it
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Last edited by druggietoad2k5 at Nov 3, 2009,
Quote by flanders_91

.... tell me your joking.. did you not read what we have been saying about this guitar... its worth a good bit or at least could be.. and you want to turn it into a project guitar?
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends