Ok so one of my friends wants to sell her bass in order to get a better one. But she isnt sure what price range to look at for basses. She'll only have the money from the bass she sells, so heres the main question.
How much would she get for a bass if she was to sell it?
We arenn't sure what make it is, and there is a small chip on the back. Would that affect the price at all?
If you could help AT ALL, that would be fantastic, seeing as i actually dont have a clue about basses, and she really needs help with this!
Thanks in advance!
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
ummm...

depends on the bass...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by ParamoreMadXD
Ok so one of my friends wants to sell her bass in order to get a better one. But she isnt sure what price range to look at for basses. She'll only have the money from the bass she sells, so heres the main question.
How much would she get for a bass if she was to sell it?
We arenn't sure what make it is, and there is a small chip on the back. Would that affect the price at all?
If you could help AT ALL, that would be fantastic, seeing as i actually dont have a clue about basses, and she really needs help with this!
Thanks in advance!

I know I am all fantastic, all powerful magician, but sadly i can read mind only of those whom i see. So please do tell which brand, model bass is and also do not forget to mention its condition. the more info you give - the better.
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
moarinfoplz
if your not sure where to look tell us what writting and symbols are on the headstock, that should tell us most of what we need to know
Erm, we arent entirely sure of the brand. It actually doesn't say anything, and she lost the box for it ages ago, so we really don't know. We're thinking it could be a Stagg though. And i actually dont have a clue about basses, so i couldnt tell you the model. It looks like a Fender Telecaster though. If that helps.
Its in pretty good condition, just a small chip, the chip is about the size of a small bead. I couldn't compare the sound, because hers is the only bass ive ever played, but it sounds good.
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
If you dont know what make it is, either you havent looked at it at all or it is like an 'unbranded' in which it will be worth very little unfortunately
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by charlie__flynn
If you dont know what make it is, either you havent looked at it at all or it is like an 'unbranded' in which it will be worth very little unfortunately

this.
"very little" is 50~150$.
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
ah right, thanks for your help guys! Seriously, we now know a lot more than we did before aha. It may well be an unbranded one, it doesnt actually have any make on it at all, we've had a proper look over ti and everything.
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
I wouldn't even try to sell it, it is probably getting no more than 75.

it sounds cool.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
If she doesn't know much about it she's not going to be able to describe it well enough in an ad to get much interest - so its unlikely she'll get enough money from the sale to replace it with an equivalent bass, let alone a better one.

imho she'd be much better off hanging onto her current bass and saving up, then selling it to add a bit to her new bass fund, rather than relying on getting all the money form selling it.
Quote by zhilla
imho she'd be much better off hanging onto her current bass and saving up, then selling it to add a bit to her new bass fund, rather than relying on getting all the money form selling it.

+1
If its in really really good condition, resale value can be anywhere from about 50% - 70% of the original price at a shop, its usually towards the lower end of that spectrum. You can usually do better by selling online, but yea, if its unbranded you'll be lucky to make maybe $75 or so off it.

Keep it and maybe mod it to make it more playable? Or save up a bunch more for a new bass
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by ParamoreMadXD
She'll only have the money from the bass she sells

Well this isn't going to work at all then. If the only money she's going to have to buy a better bass is supposed to come from some crappy no-name bass that someone is going to buy from her used, then this clearly hasnt been thought through at all
Quote by bodyheatseeker
That is simultaneously brilliant and obscene. I honestly don't know if I despise, or admire you.

Quote by Scutchington
If I had room, I would sig that entire post.

basschat.co.uk
Only one kinda person will trust buying an unbranded, second hand bass off the internet ; People who like projects and modding.

Take a good amount of pictures, go to http://basschat.co.uk/ , try and get £40 for it. To give you an example of prices, the best price I got for a fully routed, Poplar body was £15! So, good luck with this sale