I have a question about some chords (i'm not sure if chord voicings was the right title, but wasn't sure).

It says to play Bb7(#9 b13). So would that be B D F A C# Fb, probably leaving out the 5th, F?

Also, it has an Eb 6/9. Does this mean its an Eb6 with a 9 base? So F Eb G Bb C, again, probably leaving out the 5th, Bb?

It also has dashes, such as G-11, C-, C-7, and C-(Δ7). What do these mean?

Thanks!
The name's Austin
Quote by Leo Tolstoy
Music is the shorthand of emotion.
Quote by Friedrich Nietzsche
Without music life would be a mistake.
*Reported*^

Anyways it all looks fine, except for the 6/9 chord. The 9 doesnt have to be in the bass, if it were it would just say the note name for it.

And the dashes may mean minor, but I'm not 100% sure, all sheets I've seen have a lowercase m beside the chord.

EDIT: Oh, and your spelling of the Bb chord has a B in it. But thats probably just a typo.
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)
Last edited by Ribcage at Nov 3, 2009,
Your Bb7(#9 b13) should be Bb, D, F, Ab, C#, Gb. Assuming that's a dominant 7th.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
it also has dashes, such as G-11, C-, C-7, and C-(Δ7). What do these mean?

this is G min 11 ,C min, C min (7), C min (Δ7) Maj7
Last edited by fretboard12 at Nov 3, 2009,
Ok, so this is good. What does the triangle mean in the Cmin(Δ7)? Does that mean Maj7? Is that why you put it there?

And in the #9 b13 chord, the #9 b13 are on top of each other. Is this to save space? Or does it mean play one or the other?
The name's Austin
Quote by Leo Tolstoy
Music is the shorthand of emotion.
Quote by Friedrich Nietzsche
Without music life would be a mistake.
Quote by Stolen Identity
Ok, so this is good. What does the triangle mean in the Cmin(Δ7)? Does that mean Maj7? Is that why you put it there?

And in the #9 b13 chord, the #9 b13 are on top of each other. Is this to save space? Or does it mean play one or the other?

The triangle means 'major'. Cmin(maj7) is a C minor chord with a major 7th (B).

You can play the Bb7(#9 b13) anyway you like as long as you include the 3rd,7th,#9 and b13. The fifth is expendable and the root will most likely be covered by a different instrument.
If you are in the beginning stages of learning guitar but are looking to spice up your playing with some other chord voicings, read on.

The focus of this article is how to get chord voicings that are different from the old standard ones that are made in the open positions of a standard tuned guitar. You know, E (major), A (major), and D (major), etc.

The idea came about for this article because, again, I was jamming with a friend of mine, trying to stubbornly impart some of my knowledge. Just a little knowledge that I thought would help us cope with the others’ chord changes and riffing without too much thought.