I have a choice between these two guitar for Christmas. I have only played a razorback once in my life and I fell in love with them however I have not had a chance and don't have a music store here where I can play one so I have to order one in. Which one would be more suitable for starting to learn to sweep and to do Pantera/Slayer/Megadeth riffing and thrashy leads. Whats better 24 fret or 22? Dimetime dimebucker pick ups or emgs? What do you guys think
EMGs aren't very good for learning to sweep as they have such a high output that a beginner will get a lot of background noise etc. from them. So i would recommend the slimebolt, Dimebuckers are awesome too.
Too add in more detail, I am not a new player ive been playing for 2 years however I am looking for a guitar to learn modern sweep techniques and to have as a lead guitar for a metal band. I really cant decide between these two
the dimetime blows. i don't know about the dimebucker however. 22 frets gives better pickup positioning. and with the floyd/bending you can get the note higher anyway.
EMG's. People can say what they want about them but hell the guitarist from slayer has his own set on the EMG site so the can't be all that bad?
Quote by ScoutPilfer
EMG's. People can say what they want about them but hell the guitarist from slayer has his own set on the EMG site so the can't be all that bad?

They're just selling kerry kings name...
And dimebag has his "sig" pickups...
so that's not a very educated response.
Marshall TSL100h

Carvin Bolt
255. Neither are particularly good in my humble opinion(My band's former lead guitarist had a Slimebolt), but of the two the 255 would be the better in my personal opinion. As for pickups, personally I wouldn't recommend either. Dimebuckers just don't sound good, and EMG humbuckers are a very specialized sound.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Coming from sh!TTY stock epiphone pickups I think the razorbacks would be a luxury, is the action low on the 255?
Quote by necrosis1193
255. Neither are particularly good in my humble opinion(My band's former lead guitarist had a Slimebolt), but of the two the 255 would be the better in my personal opinion. As for pickups, personally I wouldn't recommend either. Dimebuckers just don't sound good, and EMG humbuckers are a very specialized sound.

Dimebuckers are great if you are playing in low tunings. They sound shit in standard tuning IMO.