I'm looking for a good 80s hair metal lead tone because I really love the sound.

Something along the lines of CC Devile or the lead tone on Aliece Cooper's 'Trash' album?

So what kind of amp settings should I have?

Thanks
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Really the only way to find the sound you want is to play and become familiar with your amp and how your amp reacts with playing. Finding settings you like is something that is really up to you.
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
Lashings of delay and reverb help a lot.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Chorus (set to low speed and mid on depth), Delay (set to about 300ms), SD-1 (set with volume high and gain low tone at about 9:30) and a JCM800 style amp
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I guess a JCM 800.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Unfortunately "Good tone" & "CC Deville" should never be in the same sentence unless the word "not" is in there somewhere.

In all seriousness - An Ibanez or Charvel etc. with lots of chorus and a little delay, heaps of compression.
Mids, compression, delay, reverb, distortion.

Those, and lots of them, are '80s hair metal guitar tone.
the pair of DiMarzio D activators in my ibanez does great 80s tone. getchoo some of those.

and, i GUESS a jcm800 couldnt hurt...

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab