I can't figure out what's wrong with my Fender Champ 600 amp. I blew it by trying jam with a drumset by maxing out the volume. Earlier I thought I had blown the tubes but I later found out that they were fine. Then I asked about it on this forum and I was told the speaker might have blown, but I checked it and the speaker is fine. Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong with it? Is it even worth fixing or should I just get another amp?
I suspect you will have to have it checked by a qualified technician. It might be a capacitor or even a transformer. Let an expert tell you what is wrong with it.

Even if you do get it fixed, it is obvious that your amplifier is not powerful or loud enough to keep up with your drummer, so you should by a bigger and more powerful amplifier.
yeah get a bigger better amp... did you blow the pre-amp?? or somthing like that.. personally i'd take that to a technican at a guitar store.. then while your there buy a new amp
I know it wasn't an advisable thing to try and jam with a drummer using that amp but that's all I have right now...I go to college and that amount of wattage is about all I need in the dorms...but you're right and I am definitely looking at a bigger amp.
You're gonna have to describe the problem a bit better. Does the amp still power up? Does the pilot light and the filament heaters still glow? How do you know for sure your tubes are good / what method did you use to test them? Do you get any noise at all from the speaker? Hiss? Fuzz? Or absolute silence?
Quote by Matt420740
You're gonna have to describe the problem a bit better. Does the amp still power up? Does the pilot light and the filament heaters still glow? How do you know for sure your tubes are good / what method did you use to test them? Do you get any noise at all from the speaker? Hiss? Fuzz? Or absolute silence?

I took the amp to a store and that's where they told me the tubes and the speaker are fine. I'm not sure what method they used there to test everything but they can't figure out what's wrong. I got no noise from the speaker. The pilot light does turn on when I turn on the amp but it makes no sound at all. I'll have to check the filament heaters the amp is still at the store so when I go get it i'll take a look.
Quote by althebold711
I took the amp to a store and that's where they told me the tubes and the speaker are fine. I'm not sure what method they used there to test everything but they can't figure out what's wrong. I got no noise from the speaker. The pilot light does turn on when I turn on the amp but it makes no sound at all. I'll have to check the filament heaters the amp is still at the store so when I go get it i'll take a look.

Its possible you put too much stress on the output transformer, and had a failure. It could be a number of other things, but the power tube or output transformer would be my first guess. As long as you have it at a competent tech, he should be able to figure it out.
Quote by althebold711
I'll have to check the filament heaters the amp is still at the store so when I go get it i'll take a look.
I question why this wasn't the first thing you'd do when you first discovered it didn't work? Isn't it under warranty?