so i have a boss mt-2 and im getting kinda sick of it. What distortion would you recommend to get an Avenged Sevenfold/Guns N' Roses sound? im looking at a Krank Distortous Maximus
Blackstar's tube driven HT line of pedals are IMO the best on the market.
Radial Trimode tube distortion pedals are REALLY nice. They're expensive but they're built with a 12AX7 tube inside making the sound very natural and dynamic and they also have a wide range of different tones you can achieve and 3 channels... Of course it also depends on your budget, your amp, your taste, etc...
I dunno how popular they are, or how easy they are to find, but I really love the Digitech Hardwire TL2 Metal distortion
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Well A7X use Uberschalls along with a myriad of high end gear so it's gonna be hard to reproduce but the Blackstar is a good suggestion solid pedals but still no substitute for a good amp
Well, GNR and A7X distortion is completely different. There's no way you'll get both tones out of one pedal. What's your budget?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by SynGatesFan1
so i have a boss mt-2 and im getting kinda sick of it. What distortion would you recommend to get an Avenged Sevenfold/Guns N' Roses sound? im looking at a Krank Distortous Maximus

Fairly substantial difference between those two bands.

For the GnR you really want a cranked marshall (or some of the similar but smaller clones out now)with a nice chorus pedal, overdrive and a crybaby wah.

No idea about Avenged Sevenfold. I couldn't listen to that.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
GnR is more of an overdriven sound. A7X is more of a distorted sound. TBH, I think it's better if you save up for a new amp, not new pedals.

If you really need a pedal, maybe an OD and Dist in one will suit you. Something liek the Blackstar HT-DUAL (suggested already), Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by ChemicalFire
I dunno how popular they are, or how easy they are to find, but I really love the Digitech Hardwire TL2 Metal distortion
I love the TL2 as well, definetely the best metal distortion if you're on a budget. I played it alongside high-end dist. pedals such as the Radial Tonebone Hot British, TC Electronic Nova Drive, and the Sansamp GT-2, and it was just as good as all of them IMO.

TS, I suggest the TC Electronics Nova Drive though. It is an overdrive and distortion in one. Perfect for what you need it for.
The Keeley MT-2 is one of the best Metal i've heard. Big chunky palm mutes to AC/DC pretty cool pedal.
Quote by mmjohn
The Keeley MT-2 is one of the best Metal i've heard. Big chunky palm mutes to AC/DC pretty cool pedal.

As an owner of one myself, I concur.

Get your MT-2 modded by Keeley, it's an absolutely amazing mod that will make you never look at another overdrive/distortion type pedal again. I can almost guarantee it.

Granted I don't use because my Bugera has plenty of gain on tap for even black metal, but I'm keeping it on the side for a future amp I will buy. This pedal actually made my old MG sound good distorted.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Quote by mmjohn

+1 to the Keeley MT-2

Please do not get the Krank... I sorely doubt it would achieve the sound you're looking for.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.