does anyone know the best way to clean a somewhat grimy cd?
there seems to be lots of ways, but i was wondering if you guys knew which were the best

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

<--- this is a symbol of being awesome
Grimy? What did you get on your cd?

If you just wash it, it'll be fine, just don't scrub it with anything rough, for obvious reasons. And it's best to let it dry on its own, out of direct sunlight, than to wipe it with a towel, cos you'll get lint all over it.
I just use a soft cloth
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by SMB13
If by tip, you mean vigorously jack off bulls until I produce a barrel of semen, then yes.

Quote by aixelsydevahi
If you can do it, why not. I give myself handjobs regularly so why not a blowjob. I'd tittyfuck myself if I could.
*British accent* are your cd's a little dingy?

Edit: In all seriousness, windex
Last edited by i_killed_bill at Nov 3, 2009,
Quote by MangoStarr
toothpaste!!

I've tried this several times, as I've been told it can be used to buff out the scratches on an old disc. It didn't work for me. The disc works, but it still skips just like it did before.
buy a new cd
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
Use something non-abrasive with water, that's really all you need.
I'd just like to warn you so you do not use a hammer and nails.

I broke a CD in kindergarten and decided I'd repair it the old fashioned way. I put it in the CD-player with two bent nails sticking out, and after a few seconds of rumbling noise the lid shot off into a kid's face so he got nosebleed.

True story.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
I'd just like to warn you so you do not use a hammer and nails.

I broke a CD in kindergarten and decided I'd repair it the old fashioned way. I put it in the CD-player with two bent nails sticking out, and after a few seconds of rumbling noise the lid shot off into a kid's face so he got nosebleed.

True story.

use an alcohol based cleaning agent and a sofet clothe you can get from anywhere for like $5 and they last ages
Quote by parigod
I've heard semen works wonders.

+1, that's what oxyclean really is.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by westdyolf
+1, that's what oxyclean really is.
Dammit Billy Mays, you've betrayed me!
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 BXP
Peavey TNT 115
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Blackstar Ht-1R
If you put it in the microwave for about 5 seconds it loosens the dirt up a lot.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Steel wool gets stains off of everything.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

smear with dishsoap, rub with your fingers, then rinse. use a soft cloth to dry but dont wipe in a circle around the disk, wipe from the center of the disk outwards.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
just use water and a soft, lint free cloth to dry it. you can also use rubbing alcohol, but I haven't noticed any difference myself.

and all the home remedies to get scratches out don't work except on very light scratches that wouldn't even cause the disc to skip anyways. a lot of the products made for the purpose don't work very well either.
yes, i heard rubbing alcohol was good (and my dad just went out to buy some) so i guess i'm gonna try that
(and don't ask why its grimy...i got it from my friend, god knows what's on it...)

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

<--- this is a symbol of being awesome