Ahh. I thought this day would never arrive. Me, little old me, having command and ownership of the coveted Ibanez RG550. Not a reissue, oh no, this is the real deal.

The serial number dates it at March 1990 (the exact month I was born, my birthday is 9th of March 1990) which is nice. Also, Japanese made, Fugi-jen factory.

It's just brilliant. The V pickups are fantastic and the action is creamy. That's the only way I can describe it. I love it. Lovely white paint job with a worn maple fretboard. Edge trem, HSH. It's brilliant.

And the price I paid for all this? £200, or $328. Yes. Two hundred pounds. Or Three hundred and twenty eight dollars. I just love eBay!

More pictures are on my profile.

Happy NGD!
Attachments:
Copy of DSC02009.JPG
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunatly, it kills all of its pupils.
holy sh*t. it's too bad i can't use ebay (latin america's "ebay" is sh*t). there are super crazy deals going on there every day.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Awesome. I wish I could see it better. But from that picture, it still looks sweet. Happy new guitar day.
HNGD! Get that trem set up properly though, the top of the baseplate is meant to be angled, the knife edges should be parallel with the body. If you've already done it, disregard this, but in the pic its not right.
EDIT: Holy crap thats clean for a 19 year old guitar! I cant see any pitting on the trem at all. Great find in that condition!
Last edited by littlephil at Nov 3, 2009,
very nice! same factory as mine, and just a couple years older. very cool. have any more / better pictures?
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Boo, you beat the price I got mine for by $20.

Welcome to the 550 club. Life's good here.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Sweet guitar. I have one of these beauties in Purple Neon, owned new since early 1993. Have done over 1000 gigs with it since and is still the main guitar. These things will go for ever!
Yeah, there's more pictures on my profile. Go fetch!
It's not that clean, I've had to diminish the the picture somewhat to make it fit to UG's forum attachment standards. I mean, it's in good condition, but not great. There's a fair bit of paint chips around the bottom of the guitar and the maple neck has that lovely time tested method of 'dirt caught in the wood', I love that! To be honest, I'm glad it's not completely clean, I love guitars with a bit of character.

As for the trem, it's set up to how I like it. I have this Edge and an Edge 3 and I always set it up with the actual baseplate set flush to the body. I know how to set them up right, but I've always preferred my way of setting them up. I just can't get along with the 'official' way of setting them. Just seems wrong. I love it like this
Quote by richard_edwards
As for the trem, it's set up to how I like it. I have this Edge and an Edge 3 and I always set it up with the actual baseplate set flush to the body. I know how to set them up right, but I've always preferred my way of setting them up. I just can't get along with the 'official' way of setting them. Just seems wrong. I love it like this

But it wont return to tune properly if it isnt set up correctly. The Edge 3 is meant to be that way, the Original isnt.
It returns to tune fine, don't worry your little head about it.
After 2 days of hard abuse I was expecting it to go out of tune a bit, but it hasn't moved.
Not a hemidemisemi-tone.

Built to last!
Quote by richard_edwards
It returns to tune fine, don't worry your little head about it.
After 2 days of hard abuse I was expecting it to go out of tune a bit, but it hasn't moved.
Not a hemidemisemi-tone.

Built to last!
It won't work that way forever. When you have the knife edges resting on an angle they eventually start to warp a little. Once that happens things go down-hill relatively quickly.

You're best off to just set it up the way the engineers who designed it intended.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Awesome guitars. Mine is from 1993 so enjoy a HNGD!
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by ch0
It won't work that way forever. When you have the knife edges resting on an angle they eventually start to warp a little. Once that happens things go down-hill relatively quickly.

You're best off to just set it up the way the engineers who designed it intended.

Given that it's Edge, the trem will probably be fine, but he'll end up pulling the studs out of the guitar after a while if it's set up flush. Not to mention that all the pull up range is gone.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Given that it's Edge, the trem will probably be fine, but he'll end up pulling the studs out of the guitar after a while if it's set up flush. Not to mention that all the pull up range is gone.
No, it will eventually fail. Nothing is impervious to intentional misuse or neglect.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by ch0
Boo, you beat the price I got mine for by $20.

Welcome to the 550 club. Life's good here.

I beat his price by $3

But I had to drive 250 mile round trip, and mine was a 570 with upgraded pups in it.

Looks fantastic in white btw. Gorgeous man.

HNGD. These things are shred machines.
Quote by ch0
No, it will eventually fail. Nothing is impervious to intentional misuse or neglect.

When I got my Power from its previous owner's evil grasp, the bridge looked like it's been set up flush with the body for about twenty years or so, all that in addition to evidence of horrible abuse of the unit (the trem arm was broken off in the socket). When I took the Edge off to clean, the studs had grooves chewed into them. Knife edges? Like new. Since then I've had a firm belief that there will be two things to survive a nuclear apocalypse - cockroaches and the Edge.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
HNGD you lucky bastard! I will own one of these before I die, mark my words! hahaha
Gear:
LTD M-207 (Soon to be modded)
B.C. Rich Bronze Mockingbird
Jay TurSuhr Vintage Strat
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN Tribal Green
First off, that's freaking awesome!
That is one hell of a guitar, and I'm not a big Ibanez fan at all...but I'd love to have one of those.

2nd off
you are 1 year and 1 day younger than me
^.^
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Last edited by NaivexLi at Nov 4, 2009,
Quote by pifty
When I got my Power from its previous owner's evil grasp, the bridge looked like it's been set up flush with the body for about twenty years or so, all that in addition to evidence of horrible abuse of the unit (the trem arm was broken off in the socket). When I took the Edge off to clean, the studs had grooves chewed into them. Knife edges? Like new. Since then I've had a firm belief that there will be two things to survive a nuclear apocalypse - cockroaches and the Edge.

Hahahahahaha holy **** Oh and twinkie's will survive a nuclear apocalypse