So I need a new amp, and I'm thinking I want a half stack. I've been really interested in Mesa Boogie and Marshall. It's mainly for playing metal, but I play rock as well as some quieter stuff (The Beatles, Explosions in the Sky, etc.), but I'd be using distortion for the most part. Bands I play include Protest the Hero, Black Dahlia Murder, Between the Buried and Me, Megadeth, etc. The JCM800 and the double/triple rectifiers have caught my eye over the past couple of years, but I'm wondering what other amps would be good for me. I'm playing a Schecter Demon with Seymour Duncan Blackouts. I want a really heavy metal distortion with a good punch, but a good amount of cut as well. If you guys could suggest some other brands, and particular amps that would work for me it'd help me a lot to make my decision. Thanks, guys.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
be mmore specific,

Budget?
tubes or SS?
Gear

Guitars
Ibanez ART 300
Squier Strat
Godin 12 string Antique cedarburst
Ibanez RGD 320

Amps
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Peavey Solo 15 W
Fender 10 W

Effects
Dunlop GCB - 95 Crybaby wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Boss MT-2 Distortion
Yeah, sorry about that. Budget is around $1000, and buying used is no problem. I'm just looking for any suggestion other than the ones I've named, because I live in a small town and we don't have a Guitar Center or anything where I can go test a bunch of amps. Solid state or tube is fine for me, so really any suggestions are welcome. I'm just looking for ideas.

Also, I do realize that the amps I named aren't within that budget.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
I've actually heard some people say the dual and triple rectos of Mesa don't have good cleans.

Have you checked out the stiletto? I know Mesa released a new stiletto that can get higher gain, and if its still not enough for you, you can always get a pedal to boost it more.
Bugera 6262 or 333?

I heard that they had transformer problems or something, but that was like 3 years ago. I haven't seen any bad reviews in a long time.

And the Youtube demos make them seem great. The Bugera 1990 sounds nearly identical to a JCM900