Page 1 of 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1A-3k76KO4

Zakk Wylde performing the American national anthem at Total Nonstop Action's pay-per-view "Bound for Glory."

The very definition of tasteless shredding, I believe. Although I could be biased because I've never liked the Star Spangled Banner anyway.

It's OK Americans, I don't like God Save The Queen either
It's zakkch a shame, right?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I like Zakk wylde and his music, but he has definitely fallen both with his playing and also his PR, shows and attention in the media.
not very far. you chose a pretty bad example. some of his stuff isnt bad.

zakt right zar's a disgrace zough.
What the hell was that?!? I think an elephant was just brutally murdered, folks.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by BrashPersona

I hate that solo. The song works well live though.

And I didn't go and hunt out this example just to show him playing badly, to be honest I saw it on TV when I was watching the show. I actually enjoy Black Label Society's Shot to Hell album.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
What the hell was that?!? I think an elephant was just brutally murdered, folks.

Gah you're just jealous you couldn't produce such a pleasant masterpiece.
honestly, he wasn't all that great with Ozzy either, at least not since he recorded No More Tears.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by webbtje
Brian May on Buckingham Palace >>>>>>>>>>> this rubbish.

i think he was even approched to do it again at the olympics but said you can only do it once and doing it on top of buckingham balace is the best you can do in britain
Last edited by britishsligean at Nov 3, 2009,
Quote by Minkaro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLefOViXGHw

I demand "Hendrix does the National Anthems of the World."

"Just before walking onto the stage, he can be seen (on the DVD) and heard to ask "How does it go again?" in reference to the said UK national anthem. He was able just to hear it mimicked by voice and then perform it."

Should anyone who's played guitar for over a year not be able to?
Now what did we learn kids?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think the problem you're having is you're trying to apply logic to Christianity, a religion based on a cosmic zombie
Quote by Karvid
It's zakkch a shame, right?

Well, that was just Wyldely off-base...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

i had to stop after a few seconds. there was so much redneck packed into such a small amount of time, the burrito i was eating turned into a wrap.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
When you can do that, you are allowed to speak.

Also, when your band is better than Black Label Society, which I really doubt it will ever be, come back and make a statement again.
"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people.. Otherwise, there would be no religious people."
....Not one pinch harmonic....

IMPOSTER

That wasn't actually Zakk Wylde!
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Twist of fate
This thread is funny because I know you are talking figuratively but it is impossible to literally make Zakk Wylde fall. I think he's just been standing up his entire life.

Baby Zakk Wylde didint
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Nemm
Should anyone who's played guitar for over a year not be able to?

I bet you can't hear an anthem mimicked by mouth only and then go live on stage infront of alot of people and play it correctly. I bet you. I bet you a missile silo.

I've noticed that people really glorify their skills on the internetz, lulz.
"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people.. Otherwise, there would be no religious people."
I think he was just trying to be wylde and show off cause the audience is just a bunch of meatheads...
See above post ^
Quote by vampt
I bet you can't hear an anthem mimicked by mouth only and then go live on stage infront of alot of people and play it correctly. I bet you. I bet you a missile silo.

I've noticed that people really glorify their skills on the internetz, lulz.

Really? All it seems to be is you whining, trying to glorify yourself by taking a stab at other users skills. Put it this way:
There's always someone better than you.

It will get you far and people might even change their view on you!
I've discovered that a lot of the people who hate on Zakk Wylde have not listened to anything beyond a couple of YouTube videos of him shredding. Yes, the guy shreds like a demon, but he makes genuinely good music.

He is definitely a media *****, however.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by vampt
When you can do that, you are allowed to speak.

Also, when your band is better than Black Label Society, which I really doubt it will ever be, come back and make a statement again.

why would I want to be able to do that? It sounds like a dying cat,

Also pretty much any band in existence is better than BLS by default.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Page 1 of 4