Found a 1973 fender telecaster deluxe for sale near me and I would like to get some help.

Here are the "problems". The guitar does not come with the original case, the original black paint was removed and is now natural, the pickguard and electronics are not original and the body was modified for a centre pickup. BUT, he does have the original pots and toggle switch. Although this list of issues isn't good for collectors, it would make it significantly cheaper for a student like me compared to the all original ones that sell for up to $4000. I would most likely try to convert it back to original specs eventually. I would try to hunt down some vintage seth lovers and probably get a RI pickguard.

Considering the issues listed above, what would a guitar like this reasonably sell for?

i'd try around $1000 to $1500. then maybe come up a little bit if he's not willing to talk. like you said, i've seen these go for $3000 to $4000 in good condition.

i personally wouldn't spend too much, but if you want a true vintage instrument, this is probably your best bet; something you can talk the price down on
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
He wants $1500 CAD. I offered $1200 but I don't think hes interested.

I'd like to get it as cheap as possible though so I'm going to wait to see if he will come down in price any more. Doesn't seem like hes in a rush to sell it since he took the ad off of this website but he says it's still up for grabs if the price is fair on both ends. The original seth lovers will probably go for $400 CAD each at the most. I just missed out on one on ebay.. So that will add up.

But don't the prices on these guitars rise quite a bit? Would it be worth more in a few years?
i think it could be worth more. especially whenever this recession is over! people will be looking for cool stuff like this as soon as they have money back in their pockets, so there's a good chance you could make a turn around and sell it for more. especially with stock parts. or closer to stock (like the reissue parts you were talking about)

theres no guarantee on that, but thats what i think! especially with the seth lovers.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip