Hello everybody, I just took some pictures if my gutted and sanded squire and then came across the post from another with a squier and noticed its almost identical to mine, in condition as well. so here's the pictures from that thread

I guess what my question is, where do I start? Im a little confused about paint. I want to do a paintjob but am not sure what the best paints are. I have heard acryllic but have had some others say other things. Also what is best to create the shine needed? Should I get a tech at my local guitar shop to put the pickups in? Can I put TexMex or Texas Specials in this guitar? (that would be my first choice).. I guess I would like a rundown of the procedures in order and parts I need. Thank you in advance.
car paints are supposed to be the best paints, and you can also get a clear coat for car paints aswell. if you can solder well then there is no point taking it to a tech, it shouldn't take longer than an hou to do anyway.
I really like that thread you linked.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Ok well I really would not want to screw up when putting pick ups in. I really have no idea what to do. The texas specials or tex mex shouldn't be a problem right?
Alright, First thing your going to want to do is make sure you have it sanded down to at least 400 grit, so its nice and smooth. Paint, I say you should go with a stain, I've always liked the way red oak stain looks on white wood. When you put a sealer on it dont use polyuraythane unless you have too. Go with Neophren, or however the hell its spelled. I wouldnt jack with the neck too much, since its the nicest thing on the guitar. For pickups, thats one of the easiest things to do out of your whole project. Go surf UG for threads on pickups and find the type that you want, then buy a strat styled pickguard that can fit them, and get the nessacairy pots and switches and soder it all up and drop it in, simple. Same thing with the bridge and tuners, pertty much just drop in replacements, no modding to fit(usually)

If you have any detailed questions then just ask me, I've modded the hell out of my Squier, so I know some things.
Those would be fine. It's all a matter of personal preference.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

I might as well do this to give you an idea of what to do.
Mine is not repainted, I liked the original paint, since it was tough as nails. I installed a perwired pickguard, the KH-21, with two EMG 81's. I kept the trem, and just replaced the saddles with Graphtech Teflon string savers and the nut with the Graphtech teflon nut. The I replaced the tuners with some All Parts Mini tuners, and the Trees with roller ones. Then I replaced the jack plate with a black one. Now its beast. Heres some pictures.

All my MP3's are played using this guitar.

Quote by salsawords
Those would be fine. It's all a matter of personal preference.

LOVE LOVE LOVED your mod man
Very sexy mod ethan_hanus! I will definatly get going on the paint and let you know how that goes, with some pictures. I do have some questions regarding parts and will definatly be asking you some but thank you for the detailed response! Wish me luck!
Last edited by BrotherRoberts at Nov 3, 2009,
Ok dude, I hate to tell you this, but start doing some research. All the information you are seeking is on this forum. To start with, HERE is the central hub. It contains links to all the information and tutorial you could ever want. This includes the Ultimate Refinishing Thread, which has all kinds of links for refinishing your guitar: different kinds of finishes, links to tutorials, that kind of thing. For your electronics questions there is the Ultimate Wiring Thread, which has all your answers about wiring your pickups, it has links to wiring diagrams and all that kind of thing. If you can use a soldering iron (that thread links to several tutorials) you can install those pickups you want. Swapping pickups is a simple process, I'm confident that you can do it. A few other good resources are Project Guitar which has tutorials for every step of modding and building a guitar, and ReRanch, which is the authority on guitar refinishing, and is also a good place to buy your supplies from. Another thing I highly recommend is visiting This Thread, and downloading the resources there. It will take a little while but there are a few complete books in .pdf format about modding/building/repairing guitars from start to finish.

If you want links to parts (tuners, bridges, etc.), I am modding a squier, and linked to all the parts I used in that thread. The link is in my signature. If you want to read through my thread I documented everything that I did and linked to any tutorials or articles that I used for references. Before too long I'm going to edit the first page to include a final parts list of everything that I used.

I know this is a lot of information, but I personally like to research and really know what I'm getting into before I start a project like this. I hope this helps some, if you have any questions feel free to PM me, I'll be happy to help if I can.
Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV
Quote by ATLstang
Ok dude, I hate to tell you this, but start doing some research. All the information you are seeking is on this forum. To start with, HERE is the central hub. It contains links to all the information and tutorial you could ever want. This includes the Ultimate Refinishing Thread, which has all kinds of links for refinishing your guitar: different kinds of finishes, links to tutorials, that kind of thing. For your electronics questions there is the Ultimate Wiring Thread, which has all your answers about wiring your pickups, it has links to wiring diagrams and all that kind of thing. If you can use a soldering iron (that thread links to several tutorials) you can install those pickups you want. Swapping pickups is a simple process, I'm confident that you can do it. A few other good resources are Project Guitar which has tutorials for every step of modding and building a guitar, and ReRanch, which is the authority on guitar refinishing, and is also a good place to buy your supplies from. Another thing I highly recommend is visiting This Thread, and downloading the resources there. It will take a little while but there are a few complete books in .pdf format about modding/building/repairing guitars from start to finish.

If you want links to parts (tuners, bridges, etc.), I am modding a squier, and linked to all the parts I used in that thread. The link is in my signature. If you want to read through my thread I documented everything that I did and linked to any tutorials or articles that I used for references. Before too long I'm going to edit the first page to include a final parts list of everything that I used.

I know this is a lot of information, but I personally like to research and really know what I'm getting into before I start a project like this. I hope this helps some, if you have any questions feel free to PM me, I'll be happy to help if I can.

Wow man thank you thank you thank you for that detailed post! Very informative and I now feel more confident in this whole thing! Respect!
I have updated the first post in my thread with a complete parts list. Now, I replaced everything but the neck and body, and you may not want to go that far. I also used a lot of budget minded hardware, it's all nice stuff but it's not name brand, keep that in mind. If you want some ideas though, it's all there, just click the link in my signature.
Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV