Hey, I'm trying to figure out the time signatures used in Sinergy's Shadow Island (you can listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbLlx4U6TS0).
I think the tempo is around 150 bpm and it starts with 4/4 timing.
So I play eighth triplets during the intro.

Around 0:44 I suspect a time signature change, but I'm not sure which one it is (or if it really changes at all). Can anyone help?
Last edited by Raza- at Nov 3, 2009,
The time signature does not change at 0:44.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I was just looking up Sinergy stuff today. Glad there are other people out there that are really into this band, because I don't know anybody (in person) who has ever heard of them, unless it was through me.
The time signature does not change at 0:44.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Ok thanks! Only got suspicious because all riffs/runs before 0:44 start on the first beat of a measure, but all after (even some earlier riffs that are repeated) start on the third. Fixed it by inserting a single 2/4 measure, hope that's not bad practice?
Quote by Raza-
Ok thanks! Only got suspicious because all riffs/runs before 0:44 start on the first beat of a measure, but all after (even some earlier riffs that are repeated) start on the third. Fixed it by inserting a single 2/4 measure, hope that's not bad practice?

its fairly common practice from what ive run into, you should be ok with it
Rig:
Jay Turser ES-335 w/ 2 Burstbuckers OR
J&E Custom w Duncan SSL3 and SHL59>
MXR Dynacomp>
Ibanez TS-9>
Dunlop Crybaby>
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212
effects loop:
Boss BD-2>
Danelectro Vibe>
Boss DD-6>