Okay, so I've been using the searchbar for God knows how long, and I can't find anything similar to this and I thought this would be the best place to try this.

I had this idea of posting some of my licks and I was hoping other people would post theirs. I put unique because I thought we could get some good licks out here, not generic up-down scalar runs that you can find anywhere by just googling it.

So, I'll start with one for now.

EDIT: Here comes the second one.

Also, to the guy who says it's all be done before. Maybe so, but rarely have such licks have been tabbed; most people just tell you to do it by ear. My goal is to get some of those sounds down.
Attachments:
Quick Lick in F# Maj.gp5
Martone Style Tapping Lick.gp5
While driving yesterday, I saw a banana peel on the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart.
Last edited by dandan321 at Nov 3, 2009,

e--------------------15---------------------------------------|
b---12-17-15-17-----19-15-17---------------------------|

and repeat. play by tapping the 17's and 19's.

e----------------8-12-17-12-8-----------------|
b--------------------------------------------------|
g------------14-------------------14------------|
d-7-10-14---------------------------14-10-7--|

tap 14's with two fingers on tapping hand, and tap 17, of course.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Quote by pitobodies

b--------------------------------------------------|
g------------14-------------------14------------|
d-7-10-14---------------------------14-10-7--|

tap 14's with two fingers on tapping hand, and tap 17, of course.

thats just an A minor arpeggio, fingered oddly
Barre chord shaped:

e---------------------12-17-12------------------------|
b-----------------13-------------13--------------------|
g-------------14----------------------14---------------|
d---------14------------------------------14-----------|
a-12-15--------------------------------------15-12---|

Using the more common arpeggio shape, plus the tap:

b-----------10-------------------10------------|
g---------9---------------------------9----------|
d-----10-------------------------------10-----|
a-12--------------------------------------12---|
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Last edited by Ackj at Nov 3, 2009,
all of these licks are simple arpeggios. you honestly can't really write a unique lick if you intend to stick to one key. it doesn't work like that anymore, its all been done.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by pmeg568c
all of these licks are simple arpeggios. you honestly can't really write a unique lick if you intend to stick to one key. it doesn't work like that anymore, its all been done.

I'm not opposed to staying in one key, but an up-down arpeggio certainly isnt unique. The first lick was cool because it was an F major arpeggio essentially, but had some 2nds and 6ths which you usually dont see in arpeggios, and they add a very cool sound.

My lick here isnt very technical or theory intensive, but I just think it sounds cool... I mean, sure it changes time, but its the old (t)rusty minor pentatonic.
Attachments:
Quick Lick.gp5
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Last edited by Ackj at Nov 3, 2009,
So is this basically just to show it or can we use other peoples idea for inspiration or even directly?

I just don't find it as satisfying when you use someone elses ideas (even if it's been done before, figuring it out yourself) but maybe that's me just being a bit elitist and picky.
not really 'unique' per se, but this is a lick i do in the solo section of one of my songs. pretty basic, but I like to use slides with the tapping fingers a lot.
Attachments:
one string lick.gp5
Washburn N4
Gibson Les Paul Standard 60's neck
Warmoth Strat w/ SD and fender PU's
Carvin VL212
ADA MP1
Boss GT-10
Quote by salamander121
So is this basically just to show it or can we use other peoples idea for inspiration or even directly?

I just don't find it as satisfying when you use someone elses ideas (even if it's been done before, figuring it out yourself) but maybe that's me just being a bit elitist and picky.

I just find it easier if you can see the proper fingering when learning certain techniques so you can realize how to play the things in your head most efficiently. I

Also Guthrie Govan and Bumblefoot constantly traded licks and they're at the top of the top for guitarists so I just can't see it as a bad thing.
While driving yesterday, I saw a banana peel on the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart.