So today I added two new pedals to my line, giving it a total of 5. As soon as a ran through them even on total bypass my clean sound was really treble-ee, and the distorted was the same but much worse. When I ran it through just the amp, no pedals the signal was fine. Am I just not connecting something correctly or does running too many pedals mess up your sound?
Quote by The_Bosstone
They are all true bypass?

That's your problem.

+1

When you have a large number of pedals you need one with a buffer to boost the signal.
Quote by ACDCfrontman
I don't think they're all true bypass, what if it's just the majority?

i don't know for sure, but i would guess that you would get the effects of each pedal to the slightest degree. alone, that wouldn't be much of a problem, but when coupled with 2 or more pedals could cause problems.
Test them individually, maybe it's just one pedal doing it. Or maybe it's even a combination of a few of them. What pedals do you have btw?
I have a huge fear if rays.
That doesn't sound at all like a true bypass problem. With too many TB pedals you lose a lot of high end and a tiny bit of low end. What are your pedals?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Keeley modded ds-1, a velvet vice compressor, eh screaming bird treble booster, russian big muff, and crybaby wah
Maybe you need a buffer... honestly I don't really know though. Also what are the two new ones?
Quote by ACDCfrontman
The Wah and the treble booster

Maybe there is something wrong with the Treble booster and its not fully bypassing the circuit?
See what happens with each of those individually. This isn't exactly the same thing, but if I hit my wah pedal with no guitar signal going into it, you can still hear the sweep through the amp.

Does it only make noise when you're playing, or is there extra noise now even if you aren't playing?
I'll have to try them all individually in the morning, my roommate is studying right now.

On a different note I plug my pedals straight through the input and directly to the guitar, however there is a line out on the back of the amp, and I've seen other amps call that the FX loop. Should I be plugging my effects into there or is the regular input on the front fine.
Make sure everything is actually bypassed. Try taking the treble booster out of the signal path. And a word of advice, a treble booster into a clean amp sounds like ass. It's strange that you're getting more treble though as the CryBaby's bypass makes everything sound like there's a blanket over it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by ACDCfrontman
I'll have to try them all individually in the morning, my roommate is studying right now.

On a different note I plug my pedals straight through the input and directly to the guitar, however there is a line out on the back of the amp, and I've seen other amps call that the FX loop. Should I be plugging my effects into there or is the regular input on the front fine.

You're pedals are fine, everything you've got should be in front of the amp. Also, if you are using your SD-1 for distortion, anything that usually goes in the FX loop will work just fine as long as they go after that pedal.

The line out probably is not an FX loop though, they will generally be labeled FX Out and FX In, or Preamp Out and Preamp In. Also they will usually say FX loop above the two jacks.
i'm a little curious, did you ever figure out the problem?
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah