ok guys so what do i know that you need both to get a really good tube amp sound (a lah john mayer)
but which do u think is more important? the pedals...or the amp?
for instance if i through played a non-tube amp head but with 500 bucks worth of tube pedals could i get the same sound as playing through a good tube head without pedals?
which do u think is better?
Amp. Always amp.
/thread

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Please don't spend $500 on pedals trying to make your amp sound like a tube amp. If you're ready to spend that much money, you can get a pretty good tube amp with it.
I have a huge fear if rays.
You can't be serious. Of course a tube amp is more important to getting a tube amp sound.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
A tube POWER amp is the key to the tube sound, a tube preamp thru a ss power amp, won't give you the tube tone, the opposite will though.
Amp always. Always amp.
Cheap amp + pedals (which would never sound like an actual tube amp) = the price of a tube amp.

Why not just go with a tube amp to begin with?
Last edited by i_am_metalhead at Nov 3, 2009,
Quote by Sguit
A tube POWER amp is the key to the tube sound, a tube preamp thru a ss power amp, won't give you the tube tone, the opposite will though.
not really
You have $500 dollars. You want bluesy tube tone. Get a Blues Jr.

You're welcome
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
If you want to sound like John Mayer, get a blues junior and play Curtis Mayfield type chords.