How loud can a 15w tube amp get? E.g. Can it gig at small venues? Also, what are some decent tube amps for cleans, overdrive/distortion?
The guitar makes music. The man makes the guitar.

Gear:
Epiphone Junior
Crate GX-15
Deltalab chorus pedal

Money sucks.
15 watt tube amp can get pretty loud but you're not going to have much headroom so if you need good cleans you might want to look into an amp with more watts.

Remember:

Watts =/= volume, necessarily (although amps with larger wattages are louder because they are more powerful).

Watts = power/headroom (how loud of a signal the amp can produce before it reaches clipping stages).

An amps volume is determine more by its circuitry. (This is why you can take two different amps of the same wattage and there's good chance one will be louder than the other).
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Watts =/= volume, necessarily (although amps with larger wattages are louder because they are more powerful).

Watts = power/headroom (how loud of a signal the amp can produce before it reaches clipping stages).

An amps volume is determine more by its circuitry. (This is why you can take two different amps of the same wattage and there's good chance one will be louder than the other).

You have that paragraph saved up in a word document don't you?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
You have that paragraph saved up in a word document don't you?

Haha no. I change a word or two every time I see a post like this. I should save it though and just copy and paste every time I see one of these threads