Just came across a video on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn3OsbnbbXo
He says this gibson was a limited edition back in the 90's. Ive looked around on the net for a bit and cant find any info on it or anything. Ive never seen those inlays on a gibson les paul, also the truss rod cover looks to be on backwards, and Les pauls signiture isnt on the headstock as with most.
Anyone have any info on this? He also said he got it off of craigslist so It kind of makes we wonder if he got scammed lol
Looks to be a nice guitar though..not nessesarly my favorite color but thats alright
Sweet LP it sounds amazing. I am sure it's the real deal I love the fact he has the truss rod cover upside down!

John
cool guitar, gross video

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
It is clearly a limited edition Les Paul of some sort. It has a darkburst finish, topside binding like a Standard, but with an ebony fretboard and custom inlays. I don't recall seeing one like it during the 1990s, though. Just another Gibson oddball, I suppose.
I used to collect Gibsons, mainly LPs and every once in a while I would come across something that I never saw or wasn't listed in the books. Gibson did a lot of odd ball limited runs that just was over looked in the books but it didn't mean it wasn't made. Usually a call to Gibson verified it was real. Back when I was collecting you didn't have to worry about counterfeit guitars just refinished and altered ones also back in the late 70 early 80s there was not internet so you couldn't do any in depth research. I used to show people my Gem series LPs and a lot of people thought they were fake because the line really didn't take off. Luckily I found the Gibson add at a flea market I had framed.

I love that LP and would love to get my hands on one.

John
^+1
I bought a Gold Top Les Paul classic in 1993 and the whole thing is gold not just the front. Back, sides, and neck also. It says classic on the truss rod cover and the headstock justs says Les Paul model. There are a few other subtle cosmetic differences as well. Apparently they did this only in 93 for some reason.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Last edited by GOLDIE93 at Nov 4, 2009,
Sounds like They did a limited edition of 93 to celebrate 1993 for some reason, Gibson does that a lot they will come out with an odd number of guitars depending on the year, an anniversary or just because that is all they made. There is usually some strange reasoning that goes into limited edition guitars. A friend of mine has a custom shop LP that has a production run of 117. Usually when I think I have seen it all I find a Gibson I knew knew existed.

John
Quote by GOLDIE93
^+1
I bought a Gold Top Les Paul classic in 1993 and the whole thing is gold not just the front. Back, sides, and neck also. It says classic on the truss rod cover and the headstock justs says Les Paul model. There are a few other subtle cosmetic differences as well. Apparently they did this only in 93 for some reason.

You sure it's not a '92?
The very very original les pauls were gold front and back, it could have been like a 40th anniversary guitar.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
You sure it's not a '92?
The very very original les pauls were gold front and back, it could have been like a 40th anniversary guitar.

See heres the deal on that. When I bought it , it never occurred to me that there was anything different about it. Years later I ran into a guy that bought a late 90s gold top classic and his was natural wood on the back and said Les paul classic on the headstock, not Les paul model. I could not find my original bill, so I did some math and figured that I had bought it in 92. I then contacted Gibson with my serial # which starts with a 3 then a space and 4 more digits. They told me that means it was made in 93 and that it was the only year they did the gold tops that way. aside from that they could not tell me anything else about it.

I will try to remember to take some pics of it. I only have one pic of the front in my profile.
Quote by GOLDIE93
^+1

Saw on your profile, that's a gorgeous bitch.
Thanks.
I tend to baby it more than my others. If Im not playing it, it stays in it's case.