have you guys heard any of this guitar and if so, where can i try it and where can i get it?

oh, it must be in the U.S and not out of the continental U.S
Ive heard of vigier, I think that Muhammed from Necrophagist used to use one, other than that, no.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Yes I know fernandes. They're quite popular in the US. Not as popular as like ESP and Ibanez, but famous Americans use them. Weird that people haven't heard of them. Basically to get one, you gotta get it used or you have to get it shipped from Japan. Fernandes guitars are really good looking, and from what I read and hear, they play really well too. And they have they're famous sutainers in most of their guitars.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by smartalec007
Ive heard of vigier, I think that Muhammed from Necrophagist used to use one, other than that, no.

erm.....i don't even know that guy...lol...to be honest with you, this is the 3 brands that is very hard to find in the U.S. i know they sell tons of fernandes in japan.
Quote by apak
Yes I know fernandes. They're quite popular in the US. Not as popular as like ESP and Ibanez, but famous Americans use them. Weird that people haven't heard of them. Basically to get one, you gotta get it used or you have to get it shipped from Japan. Fernandes guitars are really good looking, and from what I read and hear, they play really well too. And they have they're famous sutainers in most of their guitars.

yeap, i can say among all the different brand of sustainers, i like fernandes the most as i have tried it on my friend ibanez PGM with fernandes sustainer. is one of my to do list to get the fernandes sustainers on my Ibanez Prestige S series.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/dealers/dealers-north-america.html They've got a bunch of dealers but there stuff ain't like the Japan stock, man do I want a FR-85S bad. There's a few Vigier dealers in USA I believe mainly from the more 'boutique' stores that don't sell your regular guitars. Not too sure on heartfield myself.

ok, thanks...vigiets HQ is in ca, do you think they accept customer order?

i've tried the FR85S with the H-S-S set up that my friend owned and to be honest with you, if i decided to switch, I'll switch to Fernandes rather than ESP. Currently an Ibanez exclusive guitar player. The one that i really wanted is the fernandes MG series, so far on ebay, they don't have any return policy and only available in Japan.
Yeah they should be able to accept all custom orders but as always check with them first just in case.

And isn't the FR85S a H-S set up with a sustainer in the neck position?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Yeah they should be able to accept all custom orders but as always check with them first just in case.

And isn't the FR85S a H-S set up with a sustainer in the neck position?

well i guess my friend Fr85S is limited edition or the older version, well that's what he told me anyway. i don't really know all other fernandes model beside the MG series.
Fernandes is a fairly good brand, used by artists like Paige Hamilton, Koichi Fukuda, Dave Navarro and Reeves Gabrels. A few years ago they released the licensed Star Wars guitars. Their sustainer is top notch. They, among very few companies, make fretless guitars. Another thing they do that is quite uncommon is they have a line of guitars that have a built in amp, called Nomads. Their sustainers are used by guys like Vai and the Edge. They also used to make pedals and amps under the name HiWatt.

(Personally, I want a Ravelle!)
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/

Vigier is another top-notch maker. Their artists include Stevie Salas, Wes Borland, Gary Moore, Bumblefoot and the late, great Shawn Lane. Again, like Fernandes, they make one of the few production fretless guitars. Very high quality axes. As I recall, they are a French company, but they do have reps in the USA- Salwender, as I recall, was one.

(Personally, I want a Surfreter!)
http://www.vigierguitars.com/

I don't know the third brand you mentioned.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Nov 3, 2009,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Fernandes is a fairly good brand, used by artists like Dave Navarro and Reeves Gabrels. A few years ago they released the licensed Star Wars guitars. Their sustainer is top notch. They, among very few companies, make fretless guitars. Another thing they do that is quite uncommon is they have a line of guitars that have a built in amp, called Nomads. They also make pedals and amps under the name HiWatt.

Vigier is another top-notch maker. Their artists include Bumblefoot and the late, great Shawn Lane. Again, like Fernandes, they make one of the few production fretless guitars. Very high quality axes. As I recall, they are a French company, but they do have reps in the USA- Salwender, as I recall, was one.

I don't know the third brand you mentioned.

Well, from what I know Hiwatt started as an independent amp company and they started the same time as Marshall, Vox and orange, this companies during the 60's invented the british sound era. i know hiwatt went bankrupt and i guess fernandes bought the company.

heartfield central guitar is really vintage and the last time i saw it, it goes for around $5K and that is the only time i saw a guitar by the brand of heartfield central.
Last edited by S4V10R_X at Nov 3, 2009,
http://www.heartfield-central.com/

Tells u everything about heartfield guitars ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Tatsumaru
http://www.heartfield-central.com/

Tells u everything about heartfield guitars ...

thanks for the link, but i don't think that website sells those guitar. do they?
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
09 Ibanez 7 string UV custom
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Randall T2 HH all tube head
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
I'm not sure, but it seems as if HiWatt is once again an independent company- I didn't find any links to them at the Fernandes site, and seem to be still around.

http://www.hiwatt.com/

Of course, confusing the matter is this

"Copyright ©2007 Fernandes Guitars International, Inc. All rights reserved."

At the bottom of HiWatt's pages, coupled with a website that is giving me all kinds of error messages.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Nov 4, 2009,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I'm not sure, but it seems as if HiWatt is once again an independent company- I didn't find any links to them at the Fernandes site, and seem to be still around.

http://www.hiwatt.com/

Of course, confusing the matter is this

"Copyright ©2007 Fernandes Guitars International, Inc. All rights reserved."

At the bottom of HiWatt's pages, coupled with a website that is giving me all kinds of error messages.

hm..went to the website and this is what they said:

Copyright ©2009 Hiwatt Amplification
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
09 Ibanez 7 string UV custom
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Randall T2 HH all tube head
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
Quote by S4V10R_X
hm..went to the website and this is what they said:

Copyright ©2009 Hiwatt Amplification

I was trying to sign up for their newsletter (and got an error message, FWIW) and got the Fernandes copyright line.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Nov 4, 2009,
Quote by S4V10R_X
thanks for the link, but i don't think that website sells those guitar. do they?

Actually they do on there forums ...

There all gonna be pretty rare ... try ebay or craigslist and dont expect to find one really soon.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.