I had a jam session in my garage with drums, bass and guitar. I'm a guitarist but no one else could play drums so I filled that spot. I had earplugs in so I wouldn't kill my ears. Everything sounded muffled to me. Like the sound quality was low. Is this because of the garge acoustics or shity amps?

Guitar used a Marshall MG30DFX.

Not sure what the bass amp was but it was a similar size. Drums were played close to ful volume. Anyone know what problem I have? Is it because I'm so close to the drums? I've listened without earplugs as well and it's pretty much the same.
If they were regular sponge earplugs, then they would muffle things quite a bit. You can get custom-fitted earplugs that allow all of the frequencies through, but just turn things down a notch.
Quote by Boxxxed
Is this because of the garge acoustics or shity amps?

Guitar used a Marshall MG30DFX.

confirmed
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
My earplugs were these 30 dollar plastic drum earplug things I got from the music store. They had what seems like layers of plastic in a cone shape. Dunno if that's descriptive enough but they were expensive so I assume they were meant for music
probally acoustics and the earplugs (they tend to muffle allot for me). The amp shouldnt be to bad, I like it (ive got one) but allot of people dont. anyway... what do I know..
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
Quote by Deep*Kick
confirmed

I use my computer's amp modelling software and output it through the cabinet of that marshall so the head wasn't in use. I assume the cabinet is still low quality? Because the computer outputs amazing tone.