Page 1 of 3
My friend and I were debating this. He believes they are real, I find the whole thing too religious and don't believe it. Anyways, I remember lying in bed a months before our debate and thought... maybe they are real. I started looking around my room and freaking myself out with the shadows and stuff, like you do when you are younger. So I'm like, okay, enough of this, and I close my eyes. As my eyes are closed I see more of the silhouette shadows (looked like people dressed in black cloaks) even though my eyes are closed. They are swirling around, and all of a sudden I see a very weak white light.

After this I have trouble falling asleep, tossing turning, but nothing weird. Now before I continue with what happened next, a little background on me. Sometimes when I'm sleeping, I will wake up and not be able to move. I remember this happening and usually it feels like if I don't move I will suffocate. I either end up barely being able to move and falling asleep instantly, or I just fall back asleep and it's scary as hell. This has been happening for a few years now and it's pretty scary.

So back to the story... this happens again. But now only this time, I hear a loud wind whistling, sounds kind of like a hurricane. I'm just sitting there unable to move listening to this, and my bed starts shaking violently, it almost feels as though the house is shaking violently. It gets louder and more violent, and I can't move or snap out of it. Finally I let out a little yell somehow... maybe it was real, maybe I was imagining the yell.

I can't decide whether this actually happened, if it's a dream where I was semi-conscious for, it was a complete dream (I really don't think it was), or some sort of paranormal thing was scaring the shit out of me so I would believe they exist.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by Shutout at Mar 16, 2010,
there are no demons, you are experiencing a combination of sleep paralysis and hypnagogic hallucinations
i hope he's either joking or satan.
Quote by SoftOath
u mean grammar nazi...wait

grammar jesus = grammar nazi...then ....jesus = nazi!!!

omg

Quote by Zugunruhe
*squishes allan143 with a rolled up newspaper*

ok, now everyone can agree that mosquitoes are douchebags.

8/7/09 Night of the Pear II (i was there)
Quote by subzero364
there are no demons, you are experiencing a combination of sleep paralysis and hypnagogic hallucinations

Basically this.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by subzero364

This. if you stay in bed and don't move a muscle, it will happen to you.
Why does god have to be real for there to be demons?

There is so much unknown that one cannot be proven either way, my friend has a ghost in his house, it just does weird things like open drawers and stuff. Most of you probably wont believe this but that's fine
Last edited by taylort36 at Nov 3, 2009,
In the other thread for the mod wanted to 'invite' a demon into his body, Someone mentioned demonic possession being a form of mental illness not yet categorized by modern science.

I kind of like this way of thinking, but its also far too practical and logical for my tastes.

Four Year Strong Plays in D Standard. Not Drop D.
Quote by Ed Hunter

I just slapped the computer screen with my dick because of this thread.
I knew a guy who was getting ready for bed, and a demon came was standing in his room. He described it as large, dark, sorta hariy, and sunken-eyed. He literally yelled out "Jesus Christ! HELP ME!" ans the demon vanished. He wasn't a Christian or anything like that. He was an atheist. A few days later, Satan himself dropped him on the floor and asked to do his bidding. He prayed in his head and Satan vanished. He went to church after that and got converted. I knew this guy really well. He was not lying.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
I knew a guy who was getting ready for bed, and a demon came was standing in his room. He described it as large, dark, sorta hariy, and sunken-eyed. He literally yelled out "Jesus Christ! HELP ME!" ans the demon vanished. He wasn't a Christian or anything like that. He was an atheist. A few days later, Satan himself dropped him on the floor and asked to do his bidding. He prayed in his head and Satan vanished. He went to church after that and got converted. I knew this guy really well. He was not lying.

Sounds extremely sketchy, I don't care how much you know the guy, that's a little much...

Four Year Strong Plays in D Standard. Not Drop D.
Quote by Ed Hunter

I just slapped the computer screen with my dick because of this thread.
Quote by apak

I believe you. In fact just about the same thing happened to my pastor's son. All he said was "Jesus" (meaning Jesus save me) and the demon left. The Satan part didn't happen but still. It's really, really common.
Quote by mrcrono
Paranormal Activity was about as scary as doors moving for 2 hours.

I think if some door was moving for 2 hours with no one there you'd be pretty scared
Quote by apak

Yeah, I also know this guy who walked in on a demon having sex with his girlfriend, and he threw his church cross at him, and he vanished out the window.

He kept on seeing glimpses of him out of the corner of his eye from time to time, like when he came home early from work.

Hairy bastard, that demon was.
He told his gf that they were moving away, and after they did the demon vanished.
if demons are real than they aren't any different than humans.

they just want to get along man

also, by the power of metal I technically am a demon
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by Eddie4President
I don't think they exist, because I've found zero evidence that they have.

I've found zero evidence that says you're not a cricket who hops on the keyboard to type things.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
if demons are real than they aren't any different than humans.

they just want to get along man

also, by the power of metal I technically am a demon

Fabulous powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic guitar and said

BY THE POWER OF MEETAAAAAAAALL
I believe there is a form of higher power but I'm certain it's not the same as what most of the world's religions believe in.
i have it too, it used to happen ALL THE TIME, scared the

S

H

I

T

outta me. I couldn't believe it at first I ran out of the house every time. Grew up and it happened less. Now I think it's been about a year thank God but I'm still wary not to stare in one place for too long without blinking when I'm lying in bed at night. That triggers it I think
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
Quote by i_killed_bill
I've found zero evidence that says you're not a cricket who hops on the keyboard to type things.

That made me lol

But on a serious note, I do not think there are demons. That is my opinion.
It's sleep paralysis, and it happens to a lot of people. And to clear up some confusion:

It's not a sleep disorder.

Hypnagogic hallucinations often happen alongside the sleep paralysis.
Quote by i_killed_bill

Or that I'm Jesus reincarnated.

Bow down!!!!!

Anyway, I've had sleep paralysis before. It's scary as shit. I tried calling my rommate, but he said I sounded like I was having a sex dream. So he was rooting for me.
Quote by RMC06
Or that I'm Jesus reincarnated.

Bow down!!!!!

Anyway, I've had sleep paralysis before. It's scary as shit. I tried calling my rommate, but he said I sounded like I was having a sex dream. So he was rooting for me.

Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Why are people so quick to jump to possession and demons whenever they suffer hallucinations and such?
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
I've seen a demon. At my friend's house, and both him and his brother both described seeing the exact same thing as me.

It's something you can't believe until you see it. I didn't believe in them until I saw a man walk down the hall- only to discover there was no one in the room the "man" went into. And it was the middle of summer in the afternoon, which made it more scary.

Sleep paralysis, probably. But demons (or ghosts, whatever) are real. The people saying they aren't are ignorant.
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Quote by BlackIce87
I'm not gonna lie, goin' mobile looks like Sebastian Bach in the eighties.
Quote by Goin' Mobile
I've seen a demon. At my friend's house, and both him and his brother both described seeing the exact same thing as me.

It's something you can't believe until you see it. I didn't believe in them until I saw a man walk down the hall- only to discover there was no one in the room the "man" went into. And it was the middle of summer in the afternoon, which made it more scary.

Sleep paralysis, probably. But demons (or ghosts, whatever) are real. The people saying they aren't are ignorant.

I was fine with the first two paragraphs, but calling people ignorant because they haven't experienced the same things as you is ridiculous.

EDIT: but then, we might be called ignorant of the experience...
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Nov 4, 2009,
I experienced it once. Now im not gonna make claims of demons and stuff, but, i woke up, i was unable to move, barely able to breath and the same kind of like shadowy shapes were hovering above.
Now i would completely agree on the sleep paralysis thing if my cat, who always sleeps at my feet, didn't start hissing like mad while this was happening. Why would my pet react to something that was happening withing my brain? And yes, he was actually hissing, i didn't hallucinate that part. Freaked me out quite a bit.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
I had the same kind of thing, except instead of a hurricane it was a nuclear holocaust. Well as it just so happens, there was no nuclear holocaust so i'd say don't worry about it
cool story bro
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
Quote by DZCunuck
I experienced it once. Now im not gonna make claims of demons and stuff, but, i woke up, i was unable to move, barely able to breath and the same kind of like shadowy shapes were hovering above.
Now i would completely agree on the sleep paralysis thing if my cat, who always sleeps at my feet, didn't start hissing like mad while this was happening. Why would my pet react to something that was happening withing my brain? And yes, he was actually hissing, i didn't hallucinate that part. Freaked me out quite a bit.

But how can you be sure it wasn't a hallucination?

Unless you saw your cat hissing after the entire ordeal was over. I'm not sure what to make of it at this point - There are a number of possibilities. Does this happen every time you experience it?

The hallucinating might continue after the paralysis is over, but I'm just taking a wild guess.

If you fall asleep right after, you could still be dreaming...

Ah, I dunno.
Quote by RedDeath9
But how can you be sure it wasn't a hallucination?

Unless you saw your cat hissing after the entire ordeal was over. I'm not sure what to make of it at this point - There are a number of possibilities. Does this happen every time you experience it?

The hallucinating might continue after the paralysis is over, but I'm just taking a wild guess.

If you fall asleep right after, you could still be dreaming...

Ah, I dunno.

Only time it ever happened and hell no i didn't fall asleep after that, i got up and watched TV until the sun came up. Freaked me the shit out.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
no, they aren't

no.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by RedDeath9

I was fine with the first two paragraphs, but calling people ignorant because they haven't experienced the same things as you is ridiculous.

EDIT: but then, we might be called ignorant of the experience...

Well they are ignorant when they type:

"Demons aren't real"

and that's it. There is actually alot of evidence for it simply by word of mouth. I am friends with a girl who says she doesn't believe in ghosts but one time she "saw a little girl" walk up her stairs which her Mom also saw. But she still doesn't believe in it. Many people have ghost stories; some even if they don't believe in it, like my friend.

Hallucinations sure. I've had those. I've had those from being stressed out, from being coked out, from lack of sleep. But when you see something, and your friend or Mom sees the same thing, it's hard to disprove that.
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Quote by BlackIce87
I'm not gonna lie, goin' mobile looks like Sebastian Bach in the eighties.
Quote by DZCunuck

See, sometimes what goes on in our heads seems completely real. You may have imagined your cat hissing, but he really wasn't.

Another time I had sleep paralysis, I could've sworn my roommate and a couple of my friends walked in and started watching tv. I could hear them talking and I even saw their faces. The next day, both of my friends said they hadn't been inside my room, and my roommate said when he walked in he was by himself. He didn't even turn on the tv.

Or your cat could've been hissing at something else while you had your paralysis.

And I'm not ignorant in the subject. I've been to saences(sp?) and saw the lady get taken over by what she later told us was an evil spirit(it was ****ing scary. She started laughing in this really deep voice), but I still don't believe in spirits and demons. When my mother was young, she used to live across the street from a girl who would supposedly get possesed at night. She says she could hear really deep and loud screams from the house. Even this doesn't really have me believing, because the human mind is that powerful. Shit, even mutiple personality disorders freak the shit out of me, since these people really do change into totally different people.

It's just that psychology can explain a lot of these things, which to me just seems a little more logical than a demon or evil spirit.

But then again, I'm not one to tell people what to believe. I just hate it when people who use the whole "well you can't disprove it" argument, because not disproving something doesn't mean it has to be real.

Quote by Goin' Mobile
Well they are ignorant when they type:

"Demons aren't real"

and that's it. There is actually alot of evidence for it simply by word of mouth. I am friends with a girl who says she doesn't believe in ghosts but one time she "saw a little girl" walk up her stairs which her Mom also saw. But she still doesn't believe in it. Many people have ghost stories; some even if they don't believe in it, like my friend.

Hallucinations sure. I've had those. I've had those from being stressed out, from being coked out, from lack of sleep. But when you see something, and your friend or Mom sees the same thing, it's hard to disprove that.

Yeah I've seen stuff like that too, and I see where you're coming from. If you ever heard the things my brothers see at my house, you'd get creeped out. My second oldest brother says he once saw what looked like the Grim Reaper walk into our hallway.

But I remember learning in my PSYCH class how people can be easily influenced and change their minds about what they really saw. They did an experiment on our class and showed us a video of a man robbing a store. By just the wording of the questions they asked us (I don't remember the exact question), the entire class actually believed the man wore red shoes and had struck a woman, when he in fact wore blue shoes and never even laid a finger on the woman.

I of course am not claiming to be an expert on psychology. I'm simply putting in my two cents and basing my conclusions on what I've learned and experienced throughout my life.

I was raised as a catholic, so you can understand why I believed in demons when I was younger.
Last edited by RMC06 at Nov 4, 2009,
Page 1 of 3