I'm trying to decide between the USA reissue big muff and the Russian one (Not one of the older, rarer ones. I'm talking about the cheap $60 one).

I'm looking for more heavy, out of control fuzz tones. Mudhoney is a perfect example. Some other big muff tones I also like are the silversun pickups', the black keys', and the smashing pumpkins' tones.

Any advice?
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
metal muff or big muff w/ tone wicker imo
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
No Metal Muff, srsly. I believe that Mudhoney used the USA Muffs, but I could be wrong. The main difference is that the USA Muff is more fuzzy compared to the Russian Muff which is smoother, with more bass.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Thanks for the help I'll go try out the USA, Russian, and metal muff next time I get a chance, but I'm definitely leaning towards the USA model from videos on youtube

edit: scratch metal muff off the list...youtube videos aren't making it look so hot
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at Nov 4, 2009,
Quote by Darkflame
i have both, but i barely use the russian one, doesn't sound as good IMO
(the smashing pumpkins used the russian one, IIRC)

In Billy Corgan's blogs when he talked about Big Muffs he used the phrase "silver boxes.". Clearly he's referring to the USA models.