After ebay and my birthday, I'll probably have around $200 to spend. What should I get with it? I've had my eye on either a pedal for dirt, a wah pedal, or a volume pedal. Would it be worth it on any of these or should I just get that ipod I've been wanting?
Fender MiM Strat
Greg Bennett AV3 (Les Paul copy)
Vox VT50

I've heard demos of good overdrives sounding nice through my amp's clean tones. I also am addicted to wah pedals ever since I got to borrow one. I also like volume swells, but I only do it with my volume put on clean tones so I'd like the option of dirty swells too. However, I would probably use a dirt pedal or wah pedal more.
Any particular tones that you're after.

I personally would choose a dirt pedal before a wah - work on building a good tone (not saying the VT has bad tone, but you're obviously looking for something it can't offer) before adding effects.
It's really a toss up between a dirt or a wah. I love wah, but you're probably right about the dirty tone. My amp has good overdrive on it, but it only sounds good for lead or lighter rhythm. When ever I try to get an overdrive sound that's not too light, it get's too dark and heavy. If I got a dirt pedal, I would want it sort of heavy, but clear and bright enough where it's still accessible and not too edgy. Think the Oh! Gravity album by Switchfoot, the Black Holes and Revelations album by Muse, and for lack of a better comparison the Across The Earth: Tear Down These Walls album by Hillsong United (look up Yours Forever by them for a demonstration, it's distorted enough for ringing power chords, but articulate enough for barre chords and little diad/triad riffs and inversion)
Get the vox pedal that allows you to access different banks of stored tones. I think you can have up to 28 with that amp?

Or a good wah.
With 200 bucks, you could easily get an Ibanez WD-7 and probably a TS-9. Or if you don't have an amp that works well with OD pedals, get some other distortion.

The point is, get a WD-7.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
With 200 bucks, you could easily get an Ibanez WD-7 and probably a TS-9. Or if you don't have an amp that works well with OD pedals, get some other distortion.

The point is, get a WD-7.

You again??

Have you ever tried any other wah pedal!? Seriously, quit recommending this pedal.

I own one and its okay for high gain stuff but completely sucks for everything else. tubetime86 owns one and he will tell you the exact same thing.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
You again??

Have you ever tried any other wah pedal!? Seriously, quit recommending this pedal.

I own one and its okay for high gain stuff but completely sucks for everything else. tubetime86 owns one and he will tell you the exact same thing.

+1
Quote by i_am_metalhead
You again??

Oh man!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
You again??

best post ever
you made my day

TS, i'd get a wahh as well, since a dirt pedal might mess up your modeling amp..
Actually, my amp can take dirt pedals well via the clean models. Granted it needs to be good dirt pedals (which I don't have), but it should be nice.
Any word on the Morley Power Wah? It seems to have good reviews all around. And how about the ProCo Rat2 for the tones I described?
The Rat is one of the most natural distortion pedals on the market. Go for it. I'm not an expert on that particular wah though.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments