Ive been playing playing a strat from costco for 2 years and ive played a whole bunch of other guitars and ive always stayed in love with my strat so im deciding to upgrade. I dont have enough money for a fender strat so which is the best squier strat? Im looking for the most versatile sounding one but I mostly play rock. thankz.
squires are worth the wood they r made out of. look 4 a used MIM strat
B.C. Rich Body Art Collection June Flesh Ring Warlock

Marshall 8040 Valvestate

1978 Peavey Classic VT 212 amp

All this 4 sale
i agree^. dont know how much used mexi strats go for but its def worth shelling out a few extra bucks instead of settling for a squier.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Squiers aren't too bad and make a great platform for customizing and upgrading.

I'd rather screw a guitar that costs around $200 or so than screw up one that costs $1000+

TS: If you wanna go new and you're set on a Squier you should definitely stick with the higher end ones (unless you plan on changing hardware and electronics in the near future). If you're willing to go used grab an MIM Fender.
A used Made in Mexico Strat usually range around $300 and are great guitars. The price you'd pay for a good Squier you could get a excellent used MiM Fender Strat.

If you can't buy used than nevermind this.
The Classic Vibe Strats look pretty good.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

I have a squier and its not bad at all, it never goes out of tune. I bought mine as a store bought guitar rather than a boxed package, so i guess those are better than the ones from convieniance stores or something
I've heard the classic vibe series are good but never played one.

I got my MIM strat for 250$ off craigslist. It was about 5 months old at the time, looks brand new and the guy put locking tuners on it. If you sit around and wait for someone who is really looking to get rid of gear you can get a great deal on one and have a much better guitar than any squier.
The Classic Vibe '50s model is the best Squier, IMO.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.