Poll: how do you normally listen to music?
Poll Options
View poll results: how do you normally listen to music?
albums
111 60%
songs
73 40%
Voters: 184.
Page 1 of 2
Bit of both, but mostly songs.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
normally Shuffle Songs is the way to go, but if i have a craving for a particular band i'll go listen to a whole album
Hovercraft Falcon 100 "La Dama del Solaris"
ESP LTD Phoenix-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Quote by MrWeenie
normally Shuffle Songs is the way to go, but if i have a craving for a particular band i'll go listen to a whole album

this. xD
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
I'm trying to get in a habit of listening to albums instead of my favourite songs.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by MrWeenie

+1
It depends, if it's new I'll usually listen to the album, or if it's something that's really best listened to as an album I will do so (for example I almost always listen to Pink Floyds The Wall or David Bowies Ziggy Stardust all the way through) but if it's an artist I've been into for a long time and have definite favorites, or it's an album wiith a lot of filler, I'll generally listen to individual songs.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
albums, as you get more at once.
EDIT: also, you get some songs in albums that you won't get otherwise.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Last edited by mcfreaki at Nov 4, 2009,
I love nothing more than a solid album that entertains me from start to finish. Then again, i have ADD, so sometimes single tracks are the way to go, especially on ipod, and especially if the band/album only has one good song.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
It depends, if it's new I'll usually listen to the album, or if it's something that's really best listened to as an album I will do so (for example I almost always listen to Pink Floyds The Wall or David Bowies Ziggy Stardust all the way through) but if it's an artist I've been into for a long time and have definite favorites, or it's an album wiith a lot of filler, I'll generally listen to individual songs.

This
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Both. If I get stuck on an awesome album, I tend to listen to all of it. If I only like 1 song from a band, I tend to go by songs. For instants, I'll listen to a song e.g Marit larsen - If this song could get me you - I'd just listen to that one song and move on.

However If I'm on The Tragically Hip - Trouble in the hen house .. I'll listen to the whole thing!...
Albums, because most songs work so much better when they're put in context.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by we_built_a_tree
Albums, because most songs work so much better when they're put in context.

I think that's a ridiculously broad over-generalization, there are a lot of good songs on albums that contain mostly filler, and a lot of albums that don't really provide any "context" at all.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Albums when im at home and all time favorites when on the run.
ATM I'm listening to Cult of Luna-Salvation.
THAT album is the most chill doom(core) album EVAR
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
I can't stand having 1 or 2 songs from an artist. I have to have the whole album and I dislike buying music off Itunes, I like to have a physical form of my music. I have only made one exception to that for a Nightwish cd I cannot find around here.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Ive been told that you can legally download an album when you still have that receipt.

But distributing/torrenting is still illegal.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
I usually listen to artists (as in listen to only Radiohead, then only The Lemonheads, etc), so it's kinda a combination
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Usually albums, or chunks out of them (I love concept albums). But I listen to both.
I usually listen to albums. Not sure why, but I find myself skipping through a lot of songs, even my favorites when on shuffle.
Quote by MrWeenie

I make the same distinction, but I almost always have a craving for a particular band. Plus, I usually think that albums work best in their entirety.

Even if I make a quick playlist of individual songs, they'll probably be from the same genre, if not the same artist. I like my music to fit my moods.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
I create playlists with 2-4 bands I listen to and then listen the songs in random order. At school/outside somewhere else,I shuffle through some albums and listen to songs,cause I really don't have time to concentrate on the whole album there. That's why I like to be at home.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Do you mainly listen to songs or albums when given the choice?

I'd say I'm more album oriented, but there are days when I'll just listen to my favorite songs on shuffle or skim through random albums I like and listen to a couple of tracks.

Yeah, I'm more of an album person, so much so I don't even buy singles
I don't really have time to listen to whole albums, plus there are few albums that I could listen to all the way through. No album is perfect. Even the best ones that I own have at least 2 or 3 songs that I'd skip through.
If I've just got an album, I'll listen to it straight through. After that I put it on shuffle.

Unless it's like Dorkrockcorkrod (read: A ****ing awesome album). In which case I'll end up just listening to it all the way through.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Page 1 of 2