heyyy, im from a place called wollongong, about 1hr south of sydney in new south wales australia. im really looking for a good luthier or music store or anything to do a setup for me. the closest place i have to me is haworth guitars, and afte rseeing their work on other peoples guitars, im not impressed. long story short, does anyone know someone close to sydney that is actual good at setting up a guitar and thoroughly knows what they are doing...
you could learn.

i also live in a small town, and i find it way easyer to just adjust stuff to how i want, when i want, for free.

im sure there are alot of good tutorials around here, too.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
have you thought of taking it to allans or billyhide ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Allans mark everything up. Expensive crap. Cheaper to buy the same stuff from the US and ship it. Literally.

A mate of mine just got an 8 string built by some Sydney luthier, I'll get the name off him when he comes online.
Quote by Invader Jim
A post with that many big words just HAS to be right.

Wii FC: 8115 1176 4951 3028
sydney guitar setups, they're pretty damn good and they setup guitars for some famous people. The most famous i could remember was for Daniel Johns. My guitar head stock snapped off once and they patched it right back up.
Quote by mangz_adr
heyyy, im from a place called wollongong, about 1hr south of sydney in new south wales australia. im really looking for a good luthier or music store or anything to do a setup for me. the closest place i have to me is haworth guitars, and afte rseeing their work on other peoples guitars, im not impressed. long story short, does anyone know someone close to sydney that is actual good at setting up a guitar and thoroughly knows what they are doing...

Go on YouTube and search DougFCKNSteele. Send him a message asking exactly this and he'll hook you up.
Quote by mangz_adr

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear that you are not comfortable bringing your guitar to us for servicing. We have been repairing guitars in the Illawarra for many years and we pride ourselves on our excellent reputation. I would like the opportunity to service your guitars to gain your trust and future business. Please contact me personally if you would like to take me up on this offer on (02)42560088 or at haworthguitars@haworthguitars.com.au .

Warm Regards

Phil Haworth
Quote by Haworth Guitars
Hi,

I’m sorry to hear that you are not comfortable bringing your guitar to us for servicing. We have been repairing guitars in the Illawarra for many years and we pride ourselves on our excellent reputation. I would like the opportunity to service your guitars to gain your trust and future business. Please contact me personally if you would like to take me up on this offer on (02)42560088 or at haworthguitars@haworthguitars.com.au .

Warm Regards

Phil Haworth

i dont mean to offend your business or anything, but its just what ive seen. i believe i could do a better job with my eyes closed then some of your employees. everytime i have asked for help on a specific thing in your store the answers i get seem to be clueless and dont help at all.

Quote by Ravenwoods
sydney guitar setups, they're pretty damn good and they setup guitars for some famous people. The most famous i could remember was for Daniel Johns. My guitar head stock snapped off once and they patched it right back up.

where abouts is this place located in sydney?
Last edited by mangz_adr at Nov 7, 2009,
Quote by mangz_adr
i dont mean to offend your business or anything, but its just what ive seen. i believe i could do a better job with my eyes closed then some of your employees. everytime i have asked for help on a specific thing in your store the answers i get seem to be clueless and dont help at all.

Just curious.... were you asking advice on how to do something yourself? And if so, did you have the instrument there to show them?

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by mangz_adr

where abouts is this place located in sydney?

That sounds like he will be offering a you a free setup, just so you will see what he can do
So I would go with that.

There may be reasons that the advice you got didn't satisfy you (as Ormsby pointed out).

I think you should let this Phil chap, have a go and if it works, then just make sure he does it every time.

You can also set out why you feel the way you do about his store and perhaps he can straighten things out, or he can guide his staff as to how things should be, if something is truly amiss.

Small places, are usually best spoken to about problems. They don't want you to be unhappy, so speak up and see what they do. If you give them an opportunity chances are you will get more than you wanted. If not, don't go there again, but at least give them the chance to know what problem you may have with them.

That goes for any industry.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
I'm with everyone else.

If the chap from Haworth is offering to help in person, give it a try. Also, there's really no need to be rude about issues you've had with the store.
Quote by ormsby guitars
Just curious.... were you asking advice on how to do something yourself? And if so, did you have the instrument there to show them?

just advice in general, whether it be about amps, guitars or anything.

i should give it another go i guess, but really, how can you walk into a store and say "i want it done by this guy because i believe you lot dont know what your doing well enough"... chances are theyd think your a toss and do it dodgey anyway.
Last edited by mangz_adr at Nov 8, 2009,
Just take it in, ask to speak to Phil, explain that you're the guy from Ultimate-Guitar, then work from there. You don't have to say anything else to the other staff.
i have been going to haworth for a few years and i think they do great work, i would trust them with one of my guitars anyday