Okay, so my thinnest strings sounds weird when i play them trough amp or records it. It's not fretbuzz, but it has a weak buzzy sound to it that i don't like. I don't remember which strings i use because my mom bought 'em for me at a music store. It was some kind of a signature string set or osmething. Or maybe it is something with the strings?

The bass is a american deluxe active fender five string jazz bass.

i play fingerstyle

Sorry for messy post

may anybody help me with this problem?
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
That's what you get when you let your mom buy your strings for you.
Quote by Ibbod0
Can you post an audio sample?

Yeah, sure... maybe later today..

Quote by Jondy
That's what you get when you let your mom buy your strings for you.

The nearest instrument store is 2 hours of traveling away. I've been there 3-4 times this year. I was lucky she was going to this town becaue my strings started to sound flat.

Quote by Martindecorum
may possibly be touching the pick up

I though so too, but changing the pickup angle didn't help much.
Last edited by sfaune92 at Nov 4, 2009,
Are you using an un-grounded power cable for your amp? This can cause a little buzz too.
Is it a kind of scratchy sound? I find that tones that use a large amount of treble are prone to string noise. Try messing with your tone settings, it might help, even if it isn't the cause.
Yeah, something I said once was epic, I have proof:
Quote by bowdyyz69
aha that was epic

Also:
Quote by Kensai
Yeah I was hoping for robotsex.
Screw context.
^^^^ thank for the tip

sorry for not posting a sample, i didn't get the time to make one... But I hear it withouth the amp on too now, so it might be the strings. Gotta change them soon anyway... Been there for two months now heh.
Quote by sfaune92
^^^^ thank for the tip

sorry for not posting a sample, i didn't get the time to make one... But I hear it withouth the amp on too now, so it might be the strings. Gotta change them soon anyway... Been there for two months now heh.

Do you hear it kind of close to the bridge? That may be the problem.
Quote by edgeyyz
Do you hear it kind of close to the bridge? That may be the problem.

It's more audible when i pick iwth the fingers closer to the bridge than if i do it above the neck pick up. Maybe I should ask my bass teacher about it soon.

Edit: It's pretty much fine now as I adjusted a bit on the bridge pcik up to be more far away from the thinnest string.
Last edited by sfaune92 at Nov 6, 2009,