Hello my fellow UGians.
i'm looking to buy a schecter hellraiser c-7

I can either buy one brand new for 1500$ AUS or I can buy one for 900$ used
however, the used one does not have a coil tap.

is the coil-tap feature something that users of the schecter use often?
is it really worth another 600$ to fork out?

opinions appreciated
the used one may be a Diamond series C-7. its what i have (got for $600 AUD) and theres no coil tap, and tbh i wouldnt use it much if at all. great guitar.
Hovercraft Falcon 100 "La Dama del Solaris"
ESP LTD Phoenix-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Quote by MrWeenie
the used one may be a Diamond series C-7. its what i have (got for $600 AUD) and theres no coil tap, and tbh i wouldnt use it much if at all. great guitar.

I was under the assumption that all guitars are standard diamond series now.
Not really that much of a useful feature, you can't really get that nice twangy sound when you split the coils, not much of a sound difference either.

All the C7 Hellraisers I played felt pretty bad to play too and I usually love Schecter guitars.

IMO, you're better off looking for a used Loomis sig, they sound SO MUCH better and feel so much better, it's definitely worth forking out a bit more for it.
Quote by XianXiuHong
Not really that much of a useful feature, you can't really get that nice twangy sound when you split the coils, not much of a sound difference either.

All the C7 Hellraisers I played felt pretty bad to play too and I usually love Schecter guitars.

IMO, you're better off looking for a used Loomis sig, they sound SO MUCH better and feel so much better, it's definitely worth forking out a bit more for it.

you reckon? suprisingly, im used to ibanez necks, but I tried a hellraiser c-7 at my local store and it actually felt really good. the loomis sig has the same hardware but different (maple?) neck wood?
Quote by Arterial
you reckon? suprisingly, im used to ibanez necks, but I tried a hellraiser c-7 at my local store and it actually felt really good. the loomis sig has the same hardware but different (maple?) neck wood?

Pretty much same hardware (no tone pots though) and the body wood is different.

It seriously feels and sounds so much better than the C7 Hellraiser, the bottom end is much tighter, there's more sustain and it's basically a really badass sig.