G'day,

Im pretty new to the forum so i hope in the right spot!

i got hold of an epiphone explorer super cheap, i plan on re finishing it as its pretty messed up, iv painted guitar bodys before, but not set necks so i was wondering,

If i mask the fret board up and hit the body with a few coats of paint, how do i get rid of the line thats going to appear between the neck and fret board once iv taken off the masking tape?

cheers

Liam
Dean ML Much?
Errrr... Not quite sure what you mean, but if you tape everything super neatly when you get to doing it you shouldn't have a problem. Other then, finishing thread should clear any more questions up. I suggest you go look there
My Rig:
American Standard Telecaster
Fender Starcaster
Sp. Edition Jack Daniels Strat (Modded)
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
Pedalboard (from a shelf )
the odd pedal
I think he means the ridge of paint that will appear when the tapes taken off, which can be cured by very carefully taking a razor blade to the ridge (hold the blade like / and drag it -> way). To tell you the truth, I honestly wouldn't touch painting the neck unless you're super confident you can give it a perfect finish again, or if the paints already completely thrashed than at least if you think you can give it a better finish than that. Sounds like a fun project though, painting guitars is great.
Last edited by Shashing at Nov 4, 2009,
Cheers guys, yeah shashing thats what i mean, and im not 100 % confident, but i figrure, who knows what will happen and il learn on thw way.

thanks for the help
Dean ML Much?