I just wanted some opinions on a matter I have been contemplating seriously for the past couple of weeks. I'm currently a sophomore in Marketing (4 yr business degree). I have been playing guitar for about 3 years now, and I am considering switching my major to Music and dedicating myself to my axe, but the only problem is I don't know if the degree is worth it in the end. Are there any good jobs besides making it big and hitting it off in a band, that pay well for a music degree? I just feel like it's my calling and I don't really know what to do. Criticism is accepted, just try to keep it positive.
I don't know exactly what you can do with that degree, but it sounds like a bit of a gamble to me...
and now for something completely different..
Session musician or tuition would be good. Also professional song writing or arranging. Keep in mind though, that for a music degree you'd (probably) need to be grade 8 with a very good theory knowledge.
ACHIEVEMENT!
You can now work at McDonalds.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
If you've been playing for 3 years I kinda doubt you'd make it through the intake exam. I've considered the same thing, but decided I need a little more security in life.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Keep in mind, you can stick to music even without the degree.

Im going for architecture/engineering, but plan on continuing guitar throughout.

That way, I can afford "1337" gear
Quote by luv090909
Keep in mind, you can stick to music even without the degree.

Im going for architecture/engineering, but plan on continuing guitar throughout.

That way, I can afford "1337" gear

This.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.