hey guys

if we could get some feedback on our 2 new recordings that would be awesome

http://www.myspace.com/ourescapeuk

the songs "nothing says..." and "god only knows"

let us know what you think of the song writing and the recording! if you leave a link to you're threads i'll crit you all back tommorow night!
Sounds good, great quality recordings.. i'm gonna add your band page. "nothing says..." reminds of the bronx in areas, they an influence at all?
"god only knows" i wasn't so keen on, reminded me of mid 2000's screamo kinda stuff which i was never huge on but still solid work and great recordings.

Fairly certain ive been on your bands page before cos i briefly remember those acoustic vids.

Plenty of songs on my profile if you want to return the favour, all home recordings but theyre alright i guess.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
i write all the music and personally can't stand the bronx, but our singer quite likes them, so maybe thats what you can hear

oh man, mid nineties screamo? i was going for mid nineties skate punk, lol
really appreciate the comment though!

unfortunately i'm in work and then at a gig for the rest of the day but will deffinately comment your stuff tommorow night!
i write all the music and personally can't stand the bronx, but our singer quite likes them, so maybe thats what you can hear

oh man, mid nineties screamo? i was going for mid nineties skate punk, lol
really appreciate the comment though!

unfortunately i'm in work and then at a gig for the rest of the day but will deffinately comment your stuff tommorow night!
I like em, maybe raise the volume of the vocals, the music kinda drowns it out at times. But overall, great stuff.
Man, I don't think the recording is bad at all. You guys sound great. Weird little tid-bit here. My girlfriend's name is Kerri and she also plays bass, haha. Anyway, The song writing was grand, sounded like some grade A pop-eque punk stuff. I use to go down and listen this stuff down in birmingham, al at Cave9, this and alot more oldschool hardcore, and stuff like that. Alot of pscyhobilly, too. Quite a fond place in my heart for the punx. Great job and keep up the good work.
The instrumental breaks in Nothing Says were really cool. I liked the vocals too, they remind of At the Drive-In. I feel like the drums could be a little bit more present.

The vocal harmonies in God Only Knows were great, made the chorus sound more epic. I like how the music is energetic and melodic. A little bit more rhythmic variation would help the songs be catchier.
Fender MIA Telecaster with DiMarzio noiseless single coils
-Fulltone OCD
-Ibanez Analog Delay
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Blues Junior
Fender MIM Jazz Bass with Noiseless pickups
Mesa Walkabout
Epiphone AC200SCE Acoustic
Heya thx for the crit

Liking what I hear - a good quality recording on both accounts for sure. I for one enjoy the vocals quite a bit - but screamo? lol I have no idea whose ass that one was pulled out of XD I just feel like I'm listening to a more mellowed out zebrahead, then again thats a bad comparison as they are a bit eccentric with their songs as far bakc as I can remember. But atm I can't think of any of the other punk bands I used to listen to in the 90's X_X it's been a while for sure :P lol

glad to see it was a myspace page though :P for some reason I haven't been able to listen to mp3s on UG profiles on this laptop XD